I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Who are these others. Name them.

I'm Zidane's biggest supporter on here and I still question him, criticize, etc.

What I don't stand for us stupidity and prisoner of the moment shit. People here are so dumb they think this roster is actually decent enough to win on a consistent basis... even when missing key elements.

DoughB repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When we lose to teams like Cadiz and Shaktar B team people come and blame Florentino as if the roster we have is not enough to beat teams like that. That's my complaint.

Those losses ZZ messed up and I haven't seen you call him out for it. I love you bro but that's the truth

2Magia2 and Bear Crotch repped this.
  3. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The roster was good enough to overcome Barcelona and and go on an 11 game streak to win the title while conceding 25 goals. We all know the roster is not optimal, but I'd say Zidane has deserved more than enough room within reason in terms of performances. The problem is this team has dropped off a cliff within 45 days of winning a league title. Half of the players that went on that eleven game streak look like they got Space Jam'd.

Give Zidane the benefit of the doubt because of what he's done, but don't forget about what he's done when it's gone wrong: Betis and City at home. He's perfect for us and he's done so well, but if we're talking about history well let's not pretend he's prone to making some very bizarre decisions that don't pay off.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah, the criticism is balanced; some for Zidane not motivating or setting the players up right.. some for the players being absolute trash.

People forget that these opponents players are dentist by day footballer by night. They're 100% professionals and have some quality.

When we have Varane sabotaging us or Marcelo sabotaging, or or... it makes it hard for us to get results with such a limited set of players.

DoughB and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Who were the catalyst for this run? Ramos, Benzema, Modric and Courtois.

Only one of them isn't near his mid-30s.

Yeah we're good to go on a tournament run but a long drawn out season? We don't have the quality or depth for that.

No shit. They gave everything to win that title and ran themselves into the ground for it.

This isn't video games. It's real people so yed fatigue and age matters.

Anon. and DoughB repped this.
  6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I believe we got an idea of what Zidane is trying to do with this team looking at the first 55 minutes against Villareal and today's game.
    i feel like having 3 mids who are very good with the ball at their feet and can pass it well helped tremendously with this so you have to wonder what happens when Case is back in the mix and and of those guys have to hit the bench.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think Casemiro, as long as he's healthy, will be a starter. But this opens up the possibility to playing this midfield in certain games, gives Casemiro more time to rest.

Ssr9, YOUNGSTARS87, natenate101 and 6 others repped this.
  8. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    We have seen clear strategies with this midfield - extremely press resistant, lot of switches of play to upset the defence, lot of long balls sprayed to the right side for Dani to run behind the defense.

Early days , we have to see whether this midfield can hold up against high calibre teams, but surely an alternative for lesser teams.

Will be interesting to see when Benz is back , as there will be lot of interplays, cute passes to break defense.

If we get the RW sorted ( helps now Dani is back ) ,Mendy improves his offensive part and we are healthy , we can be in for something interesting.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ Dani is very important to this squad and it’s evident when he is out then returns. Makes a big difference, we just need to use Nacho or Lucas more to spell him and keep him fresh.

saadomar, Digital, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Another thing he won't get credit for

MiamiNative0722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now that Isco has sealed his future at Madrid, it's time Zizou reinvests every available minute that would've gone to Isco to other players like Odegaard and Rodrygo.

I remember that Bale was treated pretty well by Zizou until Bale got carried away. Bale's agent would say stuff just to antagonize Madridistas and Zizou, but Zizou would brush it off. But when Bale himself started taking shots at Zidane and being a general crybaby was when Zizou had enough and started benching him for good.

I'm expecting the same treatment for Isco now.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2437 saadomar, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Whatever happened to Odriozola? I wonder how long a calf injury takes to heal. He has been out since October 3rd I think. I read somewhere he's doing indoor gym training.

Most estimations say six weeks, but I wonder if the doctors found something more serious. I know the prognosis and recovery time varies by patient, but it feels like he has been out for so much longer.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/10/03/football/1601730247_825517.html

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Since when was Isco playing big minutes?

The only reason Isco has even played was becsuse injuries and covid.

14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah fnck that guy.

15. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    It is over,no it is officialy over

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Needs to leave...no more same ol shit about suffering. Just go and take Marcelo,Asensio with you.

RMrules repped this.
  17. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I honestly think he won’t be here next season. I don’t know if he will get fired or leave on his own after the season ends (more likely) but he won’t be here next season.

18. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    He should not be here after this match, as simple as that.

RMrules and 3R0M5 repped this.
  19. 3R0M5

3R0M5 Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jul 13, 2020
    Fck next season, sack him now

20. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I don’t think anything will change for the better if we sack him now.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well, Perez won't fire him after begging him to comeback, but we should have the discussion if we are not able to reach the last 16 in the CL.
    of course a coach change will impact things. Just the friggin lineups and subs, not even talking about tactics, just who is actually suppose to play and stick to it, that will change.
    for example, whatever Eden's new injury is, from a sane coach perspective, a player like that need to be considered a "good to have" player and nothing more than that, you can't build a team surrounding Eden, you can't count on him being healthy. just a very expensive luxury player. a normal coach will think that, but not Zidane.

22. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And who should we replace him with?

Digital repped this.
  23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid