I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    HI, I feel we need a manager who can genuinely build a new team. Someone who has the desire to build a new team. Not Zidane. We know what his qualities are but creating a team is not one of them. In fact he simply doesn't want to do it. It's the same old.

Been following the team for 30 years and this is one of the most underwhelming Real Madrid teams I can remember. This is the team Zidane supposedly wanted to create?

ImadEdd repped this.
  2. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    How is Zidane responsible for Hazard and Jovic flopping big time ? How can Zidane control injuries ?
    In your 30 years of following Real Madrid, did you ever see the team ravaged by injuries like this ? In these 30 years, how many times have we been affected by a pandemic ? In these 30 years how many times we have not been active in the transfer window at all ? How many times have we been able to play with a full strength squad this year ?
    On what basis you have come to the conclusion that this was the team Zidane wanted to build ? We have seen other teams going through transition - AC Milan, ManU, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Barcelona - how many of them managed to win the league during that time ?
    For all we know, we have been saving for next summer, let Zidane get proper reinforcements and then if he fails, it's time to boot him, can't even wonder how people have such short memories, you think he was dumb enough to leave realising the problems of the team and coming back to the club under probably the worst situation in the last 10 years or so ?

saadomar and madridista_hr repped this.
  3. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well in my opinion, there are 2 ways of "building a new team":
    - Go buy 5-6 key players, and u have a new team
    - Give your youth a chance to play, eventually you are going to have a new team, but this process takes time, however WHEN it works, it yields much better results. Downside? this takes time and patience, which usually does not work with BIG clubs like Madrid.

While I think Zidane is NOT without fault, look at who he has to work with, this is more or less the same team from 6-7 years ago !!! team needs new blood. these players are only getting older, also we need to cut our losses, we should let go of some players.(wink wink Hazard,Jovic)

saadomar, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Given the current environment, scenario 1 looks highly improbable - we can't buy 5-6 players in one season.
    Probably a mix of the two scenarios you talked about - may be buying 5-6 players in two windows while integrating the youngsters and being patient for 2-3 years.
    Management cannot be impatient under these circumstances.

5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

On the other hand there's no reason to carry the dead weight around. I would move Hazard asap and probably take a huge loss but send a clear signal that the gravy train doesn't stop in Madrid.

6. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Which team will buy current Hazard ?

saadomar and Raul_Madrid repped this.
  7. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    In that case Flo will have to hire Solari again for 6 months. Because Zidane still seem to back the Old Guard :D

8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm of course not saying that we should sell him but i can see plenty of teams lining up to buy him, especially for a lower price.

I've said many times that i don't expect Hazard to start performing until 2021, even then it's doubtful because he keeps hitting huge roadbumps with injuries. Right now, i'd be happy if we can get 70% of the Hazard that was at Chelsea, that's disappointing for me because i actually expected him to step up when he joined us.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Which old guard is he backing?

10. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    Am I right in thinking Zidane is the manager of the team and requested :
    1. Hazard signing.
    2. Jovic signing.
    3. The continuation of Isco and Marcelo and Lucas etc
    4. Getting rid of Bale, James, Requillon etc

If I'm wrong then fine. Nothing to do with Zidane.

Zidane is not the only culpable one but I really think we need to demand more from him. Living in the past is not a way forward. It would suffice to have some clear plan and vision of play. We don't.

11. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    You want to sell hazard already?

Wouldn't a bit of critical thinking come to the conclusion that if both Jovic and Hazard are drastically underperforming under a new manager that the manager in question should also be resposible.

Suddenly Hazard and Jovic are dogshit under Zidane's orders. It seems ZZ is not able to find a way to get the best out of both players or even motivate them.

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    be careful, the Zidane police will come after you.

13. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    People get emotional and defensive because of past victories. They have stopped to think rationally at that point.

14. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Why not wait for the season to wind up

Deep Pal and DoughB repped this.
  15. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Blaming ZZ for all poor performances is simply unfair and unrealistic. This is going to be an atypical season (and quite frankly, I would love to see Sociedad taking this League), we'll have to deal with injuries AND Covid-related issues.

We are at least looking better than Barcelona.

I think ZZ could be a little more open-minded regarding the #9 position. We should be crossing less and trying something different and it's on him to achieve that.

There's also the issue of not having a Casermiro replacement which he might have had some influence on.

All in all, I think he's doing a more than OK job considering how unstable things are. I just wish we would cross less.... or at least have a #9 in the box more often if that's what we are going to do.

saadomar and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your post was absolutely rational. Robertocarlos3, on the other hand, is the one gets emotional and irrational. The guy was criticizing Zidane for not starting Jovic in the last match even though the guy is covid positive. Every single one of his posts is doomsday, sky is falling level diatribes.

Deep Pal, Drouchk and madridista_hr repped this.
  17. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    That's why I can't recommend the ignore function enough. You don't even get an annoying message that there's ignored content on the page. Shitposters just stop existing. Seriously guys, if you are so annoyed, just use it. Unfortunately, mods can't be ignored though (but the most obsessed ones do read your private messages, kinda unfair).

18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Unfortunately for mods we don’t have the ignore option and have to see you fully live out your stalker fantasy after you fully enjoyed your humiliation fetish.

Deep Pal and 4x4s repped this.
  19. undertow

undertow Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 22, 2020
    You would love to see Sociedad take the league? Are you a Madrid fan?

This post is everything that is wrong with the mentality at the club today. The complacency and lack of desire and fight is shocking.
    "atypical season..."
    "we are at least better than Barcelona..."
    "he's doing a more than OK job..."
    "how unstable things are..."

Oh man, I'm not hating on you brother but are you following the right club? We are Madrid, we demand more. It's the reason we are the greatest club in history.

ImadEdd repped this.
  20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2420 saadomar, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    I think Zidane is partially to blame for our dire straits (trusting Benzema, Varane and Marcelo too much). But I don't advocate firing him, ever. We just won the league last season. This season was going to be a down year. There was always gonna be a price for this youth project and now it is time to pay the piper.

Despite rotations we have some key players struggling with injuries and we have a CR7-sized hole that few if any players will be replacing. Many people thought others would pickup the goal scoring responsibilities, but besides a hot-and-cold Benzema, a centerback is the next closest thing. It tells us that we maybe were a bit too optimistic.

We need Mbappe or Haaland asap. We need goal scorers who can play big games and shoulder the responsibility of performing like a superstar. Virtually none of our offensive assets are up to this task. Whether we want to or not, we must consider going out for a 20-30 goals minimum a season type player. Whomever that maybe.

We also need to forget that Jovic or Hazard exist. I've written them off as losses who are destined to flop and I would happily eat my words if they can prove me wrong. We should stop expecting anything of them.

We should also consider ripping Kubo from Villarreal so he doesn't waste away a season and gets gainful minutes elsewhere. We went all in on youth. We should stay the course if we're already looking at an underwhelming season.

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem is that some people are right there to criticise Zidane when things don't work out, but he never gets credit when they do.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Very true. While others never blame Zidane and consider it blasphemous to criticize him.

The truth is, he does make a lot of mistakes. The.truth also is,no other manager would have achieved what he did with us. Absolute legend.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  23. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Funny thing is, a lot of idiots think that a handful of managers could have replaced Zidane during the 3-peat and would have done a better job.

24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This completely, balance

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. 3R0M5

3R0M5 Member

Real Madrid
    United States
    Jul 13, 2020
    The amount of people who are letting ZZ off the hook is insane to me. Of course it doesn’t solely fall on him, but he’s the main reason for this catastrophic start to the season.. let me tell you why.

Yes a lot of this squad aren’t Madrid quality, but I think even a blind man can see he’s not getting the best out of this squad (his own doing). We’re getting outplayed by practically every opponent we face, even the teams with clear difference in quality.

Second of all the main problem to me is that imo he’s just not coaching these players up at all. Like I’ve said many of times, if we’re not getting results but we’re playing good football and creating chances, defensively structured, etc... and our players just aren’t good enough to get us over the line then I’ll hold my hands up and say this squad isn’t good enough and we need to give ZZ another summer. BUT no, we look absolutely terrible in 95% of the games we play, like I and some other people on the board have said, it looks like the team met 5 minutes before the game and the coach just said “go out there and enjoy yourselves”. What exactly are we working on in training because all I see is backwards passing and then eventually whip in a cross. Yes injuries have played a part but that shouldn’t be the sticking point. When VVD and Gomez went down with injuries, Klopp played a CB from the reserves I believe (can’t remember his name) but the guy had a 8/10 performance. The guy is a bang average defender BUT he’s being COACHED and is in a proper system so that’s masks a lot of his deficiencies.

Overall the players deserve some blame of course (the coach is picking these players). But if no matter what lineup the coach is putting out there on match day, the team continually looks a shambles then they just aren’t being coached correctly. I personally would sack ZZ already but I wouldn’t be surprised if they give him til next season so he can have another transfer window.