I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Based on my understanding, it will start in 2020. The only question is in what capacity. Possibly / probably with empty stands.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Is that soley Zidane or is it Florentino as well?

We had Bale two feet out with Zidane pushing and Florentino kills it.

Is that a reason for Florentino to be removed? No because inspite of Florentino's shortcomings he is the best for us.

Same with Zidane. It's too bad people can only value when things are going amazing.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo staying was a purely Zidane based decision.

Some of his decisions he got wrong (Marcelo), some he got right (Fede).

Meh.

4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I have told you that i would not remove Zidane at this point. But if he fails to clean the house in the summer and sticks with the old guys instead of investing in new and younger players...well then...

As for Flo rhetoric. If he started doing management equivalent of what Zidane has been doing in that weeks of hell, well then... i would be worried. I don`t see decision to keep Bale as such transgression.

Zidane has tons of authority over transfer policy, especially in his second stint. The only when Flo will put a veto, is if transfer is unfeasible for different reasons.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Florentino has done worse.

Okay, Zidane had a horrible stretch of a month... however that was only after working for so long to get this team to produce and achieve the level.

Also Zidane has as much authority in transfers which Florentino allows. Hence why Paul Pogba isn't here but Gareth Bale and James are.

In the end both are flawed but both are Madrid throughly and both should stay a long time.

Anon. repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In what way? If you want to support Zidane this strongly you have to consider that Florentino kept Zizou around in bullshit jobs to keep him close and tied to the club in some capacity for years (something i criticized the club for back then), supported him taking over from the beginning and trusted him while many were saying that he's simply using the "Zidane, coach of Real Madrid" announcement back when he hired him as a marketing trick to save himself some time.

Without Florentino making decisions, Zidane probably never coaches this team to begin with.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Literally nothing in that post addresses my point

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We get your point, every bad decision Zidane made can be traced back to Bale staying.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    That isn't what I said either.

Bale has nothing to do with my point but continue your weird defense of him even when no one is speaking directly about him.

Florentino has made more mistakes then retaining Bale twice.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which have to do with the lineups chosen against City for example in which way?

You can't even claim the Marcelo decision was on him. As soon Zidane returned Reguilon was gone from the lineup and Marcelo instantly reinstated as the starting player. Marcelo is 100% Zidane's decision.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Again that has nothing to do with my original point. Why you are bringing up City's lineup only God knows.

12. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mendy has played more than Marcelo. Mendy is a ZZ signing.

Also Bale is trash.

Thank you.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Except when it truly came to crunch time, when it came to buckling down and showing your cojones , Zidane went to Marcelo all the way.

14. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unfortunately. Mendy should start every big game.

We did beat barca 2-0 let’s not forget.

Lyra repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO, don’t think that can be used as a measure of Marcelo’s effectiveness generally, one game is far too small a sample no matter who it’s against, overall, he hasn’t been good

Lyra repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marcelo was mostly horrible vs Barca and his performance was masked by that one Messi tackle.

RMSocrates repped this.
  17. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m not advocating for Marcelo.

I want Mendy to start every game if possible.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Marcelo should be out by this summer. He has done very well for us but we both need to move on.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Long story short, i don't see how anybody else but a psychopath would sack Zidane at this point.

RMSocrates, Anon., Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, Love the player, but no player stays at the top of their game forever, time catches up with them all, some before others, Marcelo was always suspect defensively for me , but was glorious when attacking, a joy to watch, and deserved the time he spent at this club and all he achieved,

At this time however, IMO, his game is just not at a high enough level on a consistent basis for Madrid, he’s had time and games but unlike others he’s been unable to return to the necessary level required,

RMSocrates repped this.
  21. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    With the league and CL most likely being canceled,Real Madrid will be one of the few teams that won a trophy this year(the supercup),so Zidanes return is a succes so far .

When the world return to normal,Zidane will prbably be stronger and he should have learned his mistakes that would have cost the team the league and the CL this season.

22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Ain`t returning to normal after this. Precedents will remain to stay.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Especially not in Madrid considering how it's been struck the most in Spain.

24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lyra, Zidane05 and hala_madrid722 repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    madridista_hr, girrdib, Shay Z and 6 others repped this.