I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel we have had a Lucas Vazquez discussion every year for the last four or five years. He's a player that should rarely - and if he does, only in the most exceptional circumstances - see consecutive games. Zidane's obsession with giving him substantial game time is inexplicable and one of the few gripes I have with Zidane, whom I think is a superb fit for this particular club.

For me, and I've said it many times before when I was posting a bit more, it's not only about his time as a RB. For me, it's simply that the player is not nearly good enough in any position. Sure, he can contribute (god forbid if he can't contribute considering the amount of faith Zidane has put into him), but he should be a 15/20 minutes player at best, and only as an ultimum remedium. The fact that he's featured this much is just inexcusable.

Nothing against the player by the way, he's been a good servant over the years!

Stiliyan, Deep Pal, PigBenis and 2 others repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MiamiNative0722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    If this is true, it means he will be sacked.

Excape Goat, Anon. and Lyra repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He seems to be lined up as Deschamps successor with both his and the national coach contract ending after the next season.

It's either planned or a very comfortable coincidence. I believe the last time he quit, that was probably the job he was looking at.

Deep Pal, benny_madridista and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe he can take a year off to grow a beard in the meantime.

Something tells me he will try to bring Benzema back into the fold for France but it will be too little too late and the whole thing will flop. And despite all the bashing they get Zidane isn't likely to find a Griezman or Pogba under every rock either.

6. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It feels like we're going to have a very similar summer to the one we had in 2018, with Zizou leaving and Ramos this time (Ronaldo in '18).

We're probably also going to have a similarly disappointing transfer window, taking into account the expectations that most fans have.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    He's better than Vinicius.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's some kind of obsession about comparing everybody and everything to this kid that's seriously unhealthy.

Deep Pal and benny_madridista repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I would bet almost anything it's the opposite. Zidane ain't going no where and we're going to come out of the tall grass swinging (making moves on transfers).

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I worry that if France doesn't win the Euros they push and offer Zidane the job. He would jump at the chance I think.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Huh? You worry? I figured you would want him gone by your posting/repping history.

Anyways, I don't have that fear. The man told a lot of media and people to go ******** themselves for being so disrespectful to him and acting like we didn't win La Liga just last season.

Doesn't seem like the guy who is trying to quit and looking for a way out. Seems like more projecting from people and media who want him gone IYAM.

12. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I don't want him gone. I wish he was less stubborn and showed the same kind of trust to the younger players he has given to the veterans on the team.

I do think we are in the position we are because of some of his selections and weird substitutions.

If he doesn't evolve and establish the new signings then he will be gone. Right now I don’t think he has done enough in transitioning the team as much as he should.

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Only difference is that Perez would also leave in 2022 election, i have strong feeling that Raul as coach would be very successful for us. may be xabi would be his assistant.

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    JFD reported this. But they will report the opposite during the next 'crisis' :D

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Generally in football, vote of confidence = your job is in danger.

Chinky24 repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    They always do this nonsense. I bet he was aprt of the people saying he was in danger or gone (I hear these guys delete their tweets to cover their bullshit).

Honestly I don't believe a word if Zidane's job not being secure. You have idiots on here who jump to that kind of conclusion months removed from winning La Liga, but if we're that volatile with our most successful manager in history (one who is still one of the best in the world) then Zany manager who comes here knows they are fired by December if everything doesn't go there way.

It's stupid and that kind of pressure with the old squad mixed with very young talent is a recipe for disaster.

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  17. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    U make good strong points, why can't you cut out on words such as idiots/stupid etc .. you calling them out isn't going to make them intelligent or smart :D

MiamiNative0722 and Lyra repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah lol this is that cult shit.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Broski I feel you but there is no accountability. Hence why I always call them out. I actually own when I make a bad prediction or rationalization.. I don't just troll or flip flop in an attempt to represent all angles.

Anyways the allure of calling them out is too much to turn down lol.

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that Zidane future is not set in either direction.
    if we're out of the CL vs the italians he will get sacked (unless in some miracle by mid march we cut down the gap from Atletico)

MiamiNative0722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I remember Rummenigge saying he wouldn't sack Guardiola even if the team drops out of the CL. I feel like Florentino is on the same wave with Zidane. Even if we miss out on the CL by some catastrophic turn of events, the club will not sack Zidane simply if it's out of a matter of institutional correctness.

There might be some "by mutual agreement" thing at the end of the season, but i don't see Florentino firing Zidane, ever.

J-Mezzy, Deep Pal, OMM13 and 1 other person repped this.
  22. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Interesting point.
    Maybe perez think like that. no idea.
    What I do know is that Perez's history with scape goat coaches is well known, he friggin fired del bosque after he won the CL.

23. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would be surprised if anything happens between now and the end of the season given ZZ and Florentino’s relationship. I also wouldn’t be surprised if ZZ walks away end of this season, based off nothing but a hunch something feels different this season.... could be totally wrong.

24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Wasn't ABC part of the crew he said he was gone a month ago? I'm sure they were part of those who fired him back in November.