IHOP vs Waffle House

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by M9fanatic, Apr 2, 2003.

1. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not for nothing the best American writers come from the South.

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    but they dont get read until they go north

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    That's because you all just wish you lived in the South.

Sachin

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    im sorry - i was just posting a couple of comments solely to see if somebody would go off on me or say something humurous - ya know, just for ***************s and giggles - is this it?

and ummm... i do live in the south - the mistake of my life

5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ever spent much time in New England, where the "r" gets left off words like car, bar, and Harvard, to name just a few?

Or in New York, where "yewts" and "youse" are often used as poor substitutes for "youth" and "you"?

And there's nothing perfect about English. It's full of inconsistencies.

6. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    It's better than how Pennsylvanians pronounce "Du Bois" and "La Jose".

7. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yes, we look down on southerners up here in marSALES illinois (marseilles), and over in dess planes (des plaines) they look down on em too.
    of course they look down on us down in cadiz, tenn.(pronounced ka-diz in tenn., and ka-deez in spain), as well as oveedo florida (oviedo).

8. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001

I believe I speak for most southerners when I say we can't wait for you to leave.

9. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I've never been to a Waffle house but I've been to 4-5 different IHops and they ALL sucked. Service is horrendus and bathrooms are repugnant.

10. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    The one up north or the one in Downer's Grove?

11. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    I wasn't kidding about the sticky syrup being everywhere at IHOP. It gets everywhere. Everywhere but the kitchen which I'm sure is so clean you could eat off the floor. ;)

Even for late night snacks, I wouldn't go to IHOP.

12. gyr0

gyr0 New Member

Mar 31, 2002
    NYC
    Let me tell you something, just ate at IHOP. This place is quality, from the Banana Pancakes, to the herb roasted chicken. It isnt often that I stuff myself like this, but what a great meal. Two thumbs up!

13. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    My mom and dad are anti grits so I only have Cream of Wheat. I don't like grits much anyhow...

Or anything that can be fried and goes well with cheese such as hashed browns.

You forgot the best one: Whataburger.

Exactly. You don't go to the Waffle House for waffles unless it's for the pecan ones which I will rarely order.

Waffle House with friends after a day at the beach or on the bay at 1 in the morning wins.

Exactly.

We don't want you here either.

Lord help you.

So it's Waffle House, hands down. Hashed browns smothered and covered.

14. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    florida is not the deep south - florida is its own seperate planet, like new orleans - deep south=georgia, mississippi, alabama, most of louisiana, most of tennessee - that being said, waffle house is largely for people addicted to grease

another note on the fast food braggin' rights - in 'n' out burger beats all of them put together

15. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's cute how you say that with total disregard for capitalization and punctuation. Bravo, dumbass.

16. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    You haven't been here have you? And you obviously don't know how close I live to Alabama.

17. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    this is how i always write my posts and i was referring to speech - sheesh!!! - look i didnt start this crap, but anytime i see the phrase 'dumb yankee', i respond - get over it - check the bottom 3 of the national state by state school rankings every year - what do you see? alabama, georgia, mississippi - hell i know a girl who was valedictorian at her high school 2 years ago - she can hardly speak english and didnt know what state st. louis was in

next somebodys gonna tell me the south is more patriotic lmao - to which i will reply: uhhh didnt they try to go form their own country?

18. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    yeah i have and i know how close it is - and yes it was a blanket statement (partially meant as humor) but it is one that many people down here make and it was not meant as a slam at florida or the south - take it easy!

19. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    You've never come off as humorous.

20. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    It's only us patriotic military folk.

I really want to go to the Waffle House now...

21. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    seems to me the Panhandle is definitely in the "South" but the further south you go the more Yankee Florida gets.

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    precisely, thank you - now are you gonna blast him too? - btw are canadians considered yankees?

23. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    If you reply with that, you really will show how much of a dumbass you are.

Remember that sh1t awful film 'The Patriot'?
    They didn't have their own country either, didn't stop them from being 'patriots'.
    They were patriots, just not for the 'correct' nation.

I hate the film but it does give some example to help eradicate idiocy.

24. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    No I won't blast him b/c the Panhandle is "South"-- quotes and all. I'll be the first to admit that my immediate area isn't as Southern as 40 minutes north or east of me is. I'm also the first to admit I'm not as Southern as a lot of people here b/c I have a distaste for grits, my parents are Yanks, and I don't consider this home. So I'm Southern by accent only.

Florida gets more Yankee as you go further south. That part is true as well.

So even if you have been to Pensacola or FWB or Destin, I'm guessing you haven't and never will take the time to go to Laurel Hill or Baker.

25. Attacking Minded

Jun 22, 2002
    Too late. Civil war II has begun. :)