iGOL TV

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by teamitup76, Feb 10, 2018.

1. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just signed up for a free 1 day trial. iGOL is $9.99/month for 2 screens or $14.99 for 4, and you get all the BeIn Sports channels (English, Spanish and 2-10) both Goltv channels, TYC sports, Eleven Sports...so far it sounds like Fubotv..but you also get Colombian soccer and Centreoamerica tv for some costa rican and Honduran. Quality looks good so far!! Anyone else try this out?

2. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    How about dvr and what devices are supported?

3. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No DVR and it doesn’t show up on my Apple store. But the website is solid and it has airplay (though it wasn’t working the first time I tried). I have Fubo so I’d really be paying $10 for Colombian, Honduran and Costa Rican league games; the rest I have already. I can cancel by tonight.

4. Gyro62

Gyro62 Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Are all channels in HD?

5. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see $60 if you pay a year... so $5 per month if you like it... of course you run the risk of them pulling an ngsn or oz.com. Good find! Coincidentally I googled “igol” after seeing it listed on livesoccer.tv but searching igol without “tv” led me nowhere, so thanks for putting the pieces together for me.

6. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The confirmation email says “download our apps to watch igol” with the icons for the android and Apple app stores, but they don’t link to the app stores and a search for igol came up empty. Hopefully coming very soon?

7. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that too. Hopefully soon. The quality is HD except for nuestratele (Colombians league) but it’s not SD either. CentroAmerica has El Salvador, Costa Rican, and Honduran leagues. Not bad to watch some Concacaf leagues. If Fanatiz can license Peruvian league to US I’ll have most of the Americas covered.

8. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They tweeted that their iOS app is under review and can come out at any minute or day now.

9. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s awesome. The airplay, though offered on the website, was not working on my AppleTv. Hopefully the app will fix that. I have to say, was cool watching Honduran and Colombian football this past weekend. Love watching Millionarios! Not having cable is costing me like $30+ per month with Fanatiz, FUBO, iGOL, and LAOLA1.TV. But it’s all soccer, all the time!

Redbullsnation2012 and daniloni repped this.
  10. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn’t working for me either trying to airplay from iPhone X to 4th gen AppleTV. Was going to try other combinations (have macs and iPads and ipod touches and a third generation appletv on another computer). Maybe their airplay promise applies to their upcoming app, but maybe worth an email to them. Their sign ups probably only consist on 10 people from this board. They actually started following me on twitter! LOL

11. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    no games on demand is a dealbreaker for me, my schedule doesn't always allow me to get these games sometimes

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  12. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RCN which is HD (but not as clear HD as the others) is shown in a 4:3 aspect ratio and looks weird. I questioned iGol whether RCN should be 4:3 and they confirmed that it’s the way RCN makes the signal available, but that it’s switching to 16:9 later this year. CentroamericaTv is also in 4:3 but is a terrible SD signal.

One thing I like is that it shows the bein connect channels direct through the site. Fubo does this too, but only if you subscribe to their premier service, not through their smaller packages (you still have access to bein connect but only through the bein website/apps).

13. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Are the people behind this affiliated with the Gol tv channel?

14. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think so.

15. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pretty good deal. 10 bucks a month? Not too bad but no DVR? Well...I guess that hurts a bit but I don't watch full games on replay anymore so thats no big deal

16. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you prepay for the year, it’s $5 per month. Of course you run the risk that they’ll pull an ngsn.

17. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I paid the monthly but I’ve been happy with it so I emailed the company and they are going to switch my plan to the yearly one. $5/month is really good! And what happened to NGSN? I miss Dutch, Russian ,Peruvian and Bolivian leagues!!

Redbullsnation2012 and gringolimon repped this.
  18. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant go out of business before you get your year’s worth, although at half off I guess you’d get your money’s worth if they last 6 months.

19. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    That was the reason I asked if they are affiliated or backed by any of these channels. If yes, then they have a better chance of surviving rather than just disappearing one day.

20. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I checked out the site, and it looks good for something new. The price is right too.

I am still incensed that Comcast locks subscribers out of BeInConnect AND only has an SD feed of BeIn Sports on my system. I am tempted to subscribe to iGol, but part of me is holding back because I pay Comcast so much already. I hate those bastards.

Edit: also, Comcast has somehow managed to screw up its online streaming options for Safari users so bad that it doesn't work at all, and hasn't fixed it in over a month. Yay!

21. teamitup76

teamitup76 Member

Mar 25, 2003
    CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    iGOL iOS app launched!!

daniloni repped this.
  22. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Airplay works through the app perfectly. You can lock the phone or even use other apps on your phone and it doesn’t interrupt the AirPlay stream. It also lets you pause and rewind to the beginning of the program window. (Tested from iPhone X to AppleTV 3rd gen.)

23. thealchemist

thealchemist New Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Does the android app have the ability to cast to chromecast?

24. aegibson

aegibson Member

Liverpool FC and Enyimba
    United States
    Nov 25, 1999
    Hayward, CA, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can cast the screen, I did and it looked nice, but that ties up the device.