Ignore the blah, blah, blah - the Paul Pogba thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed. It was a much better move for him than here or PSG. But from everything I’ve seen he’s struggled so far.

2. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    it's not working too well though. maybe he isn't challenged enough. who knows

3. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :p

4. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He just turned 20 in August and had been with Ajax since he was 9. New country, new language, new league, it’s going to take sometime for him to get used too. I don’t doubt that we’ll see a return to form next year.

benni..., jnielsen and Futbol_Head repped this.
  5. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't say I've seen much of him since he left Ajax but he's barely 20 and transitioning to life in a new country and new style of play. Gotta work through some of these inconsistencies and he'll be back to his best.

benni... repped this.
  6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3081 Ashur, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    1225352987729629184 is not a valid tweet id

Easy to forget that it's almost been 4yrs since he's been at the club. And he doesn't have much to show for it, be it in trophies (just 3, including the CS all dating back to his 1st season). Or even just be part of a team in a position to compete for that matter. Don't think it's farfetched to say that he'd consider this as 4 lost yrs in terms of his club career.
    And at 27 by the time summer rolls around and eventhough he's just entering his prime, it can be argued that his years at the top of his game could be limited. Very easy under these circumstances to understand why he'd want to move on. It's a pity, especially since it never had to be this way...

7. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's a pity, especially since it never had to be this way. Fyp

8. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    What a waste.

jnielsen repped this.
  9. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    If he doesn't reup you'll have to sell now - letting him wind down to under 2 years is bad commercially as we have seen with other players

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3085 Ashur, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    It's pretty much accepted at this point that Pogba will leave this summer. The club forced him to stay this term, when he had implicitly stated he wanted to leave and it hasn't worked out for anyone concerned.
    Woodward and the board would be extremely foolish to repeat that same mistake. We still can get close to max value for him also (120-130mil at minimum). The surprise would be Pogs extending his contract.

jnielsen repped this.
  11. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He needs to go this summer. At this point it’s best for all parties involved. We can’t rebuild our midfield without the money from his sale and remove him as the face of the club and he can’t reach his potential with us.

12. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Agreed. We should let him go because he's too good for us. At best we can aim to replace him with someone with a slightly lower ceiling but who is 5 years away from hitting it, or we can buy a finished article who isn't nearly as good but at least fits the team more directly and then hope to get an academy player who is nearly as good as Pogba. But Pogba's the best outfield player we'll see at the club for a long time, and it's so depressing that we've squandered him in near totality.

13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United are torn over what to do with Pogba.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...paul-pogba-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-a4356971.html

Might be only a 20-30mil difference but I simply don't see anyone being able to pony up 150mil for Pogba unfortunately. And I shudder at the thought of what will happen if United plant their feet again and force him to stay.
    Take 120-130mil for him, run and go all out after Sancho (and add more on top to secure Soumare). Best outcome for everyone concerned at this stage.Would provide a strong foundation going forward, in conjunction with what we already have, to build for future.

14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Wonder if they’d swap him for Rakitic :)

15. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The rackitic from a few years ago I would have taken in a heartbeat. not so sure if he is a player we should be looking at right now

16. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Don't feed the cvnt troll.

benni... repped this.
  17. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bummer! My bad :mad:

18. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pogba for Rakitic? GTFO.

Rakitic was good like 3 years ago and Barca have been trying to get him to ******** off ever since. And by all accounts hes a bit of a twat as well.

Sell Pogba to Madrid, PSG, or Juve for 120 mil or so. Go big on Sancho (if he even gives us the time of day), and focus everything else on the midfield. Something like Partey and Grealish would actually be decent and relatively inexpensive. Although I dont know if a midfield 3 of Bruno, Grealish, and Partey would work.

Before anyone mentions it, I know I shit on Grealish in the past and that we should aim higher. But hes a solid midfield option if we are focusing our money elsewhere. If we cant get Sancho, get a more modestly priced RW and spend big on Saul (again, he probably wants nothing to do with us).

19. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You think Partey wants something to do with us?

20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I’m not sure Grealish wants anything to do with us.

benni... repped this.
  21. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Our situation is only going to get worse as players cross paths and discuss how shit we are from top to bottom. It pings my heart to think of Lukaku texting Pogba after this summer and saying, "glad you made it out, mate."

Anonymous_United repped this.
  22. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If we were a top 10 destination he would :D

benni... repped this.
  23. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Thats many hopes and desires...

24. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who gives a shit about Lukaku. All I took away from his time here is confirmation of what I already thought about him...big fish, small pond player. He'll be good at smaller clubs and whenever he makes the jump to a bigger one he'll crumble.

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He’s keep to be fair ( that’s being generous)