Ignore list behavior is too aggressive

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Craig P, Jul 13, 2012.

1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    No I'm not. regular users

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    No - I tested it on Benni through the browser and through the app with different results.

benni... repped this.
  3. Janet H

Janet H Administrator

Jul 30, 2015
    Pacific NW
    Club:
    Seattle
    Based on your post it looks like you are using the Big Soccer app for android. The ignore function is a bit erratic in this application. To fully 'enjoy' the ignore tools you'll need to use a standard browser.

With the app (android) , if the ignored persons quoted text is the first thing in the post, it displays. If it's later in the post, there is a spoiler so you can skip over it if desired. The IOS version seems a bit better.

We've noted the discrepancy in app function and hopefully a future release will address this but for now choices are to use a full browser or report problem posts so that a moderator can manage the underlying problem.

dark knight and benni... repped this.
  4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Thank you

5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm on IOS and it also didn't behave the same as my browser. Just FYI.

6. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    It's quite a good feature IMO. Different people are offended by different things. But it's bigger effect for me is that it helps immensely with the signal-to-noise ratio.

There are some posters who bring up the same stuff over and over and rarely bring anything I'm interested to a forum. So I ignore them and it makes browsing a long thread much easier.

soccernutter and Gamecock14 repped this.