If you're not busy tonight

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hop in the car, stop at the Bogey Inn for a couple beers and some wings, and then cruise over to Dublin Scioto.

7:45 Varsity kick - Scioto vs. Thomas Worthington.

Dublin is hot off of Saturday nights' mind-bending 1 - 0 victory over defending state champion Hudson. TW was the Div. 1 runnerup last year, and want it all this time.

There will be a big crowd, lots of hot 16 year old girls and probably a hell of a game.

2. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    Bogey Inn is closed :(

3. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: If you're not busy tonight

OH NO!!!!!

You mean closed like when they were replacing the bridge, or closed as in done for?

What a bummer.

Years ago when Lefty was litle we were at a Xoggz game at Soccer First. The owner usually bought beers for the guys after the matches, and they were going to the Bogey. They had to have a last minute meeting before leaing and Kinsley said to go on ahead and they'd catch up.

So we went up, ha a bite and wandered a bit. Finally, Lefty says "I just don't understand why a soccer player would want to come here. All they have is a bunch of girls and smelly beer"

I think he gets it now..

4. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    Re: Re: Re: If you're not busy tonight

No closed like...for good...it was closed last year I think...wasn't even open for the memorial IRRC.

5. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Re: Re: Re: Re: If you're not busy tonight

Change of ownership. Promised sewer connection to Dublin. Shawnee Hills opposed. Big fight. New owner cancelled transfer. Old owner losing money. Closed.

Some say it may open again (sooner or later) now that the Dublin-Shawnee Hills (and Columbus) fight has been concluded. That place was a gold mine.

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If you're not busy tonight

not really...from what i heard from people that worked there is that place lost money left and right. sure they made lots of cash during the memorial and some cash with their sand volleyball courts but it sure wasn't a "gold mine" that's for sure.

as for the game tonight. damn, wish i would have seen this post earlier. i am a proud graduate of thomas worthington <a long, long time ago> and would have liked to have seen this match-up. oh well.

anyone know the score of the game?

7. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dublin Scioto 3 - 0 Thomas Worthington

The Shamrocks are looking unbeatable.

8. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    wow. that is a pounding my friends...

central ohio, representing high school soccer proud!

9. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Irish, Coffman are Shamrocks

10. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, you've seen one spoiled Yuppie brat, you've seen 'em all.

OK fine then:

Also last night the SHAMROCKS of Dublin Coffman HS beat Pickerington Central 3 - 2.

Also, Granville knocked off #10 Columbus Academy (talk about Yuppie scum - when the revolution comes, that'll be the first place we burn down) 3 - 2.

In Div III, #1 CVCA trashed the IRISH of Akron St V (LeBron don't play no soccer) 5 - 0. CVCA is 8-0-0 and unscored upon.

Westerville North (Yuppie Lite) hammered the crap out of Newark, 10 - 0.

11. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    In 2004, I think, you'll have to learn Dublin Jerome Celtics (pronounced with the hard "c").

When I was in high school we played Dublin, just plain old Dublin. It's amazing how quickly the city has grown.

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

1-0 at halftime, IIRC.

13. Ornery39M

Ornery39M New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    Also, Granville knocked off #10 Columbus Academy (talk about Yuppie scum - when the revolution comes, that'll be the first place we burn down) 3 - 2.

What????????????????

Careful what you say. CA was the first school in Ohio with a soccer program back in the early to mid 60s. We had to travel outside the state to play schools with teams.

Also without CA Yuppie scum there would be few investors in the Crew outside the Hunts, and a lot fewer local advertisers.

14. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, well YOU be careful.

Without the rest of us you'd have to mow your own lawns and clean your own pools.

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    you think that is amazing...olentangy schools is expanding like crazy.

8 years ago when i graduated from thomas worthington their high school and middle school was combined as one school, grades 7-12.

two years later they opened their "official" 9-12 high school.

this year they opened a 2nd high school, and in 2 years they plan to open a 3rd.

16. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, so why don't those local yuppy investors who provide local advertising pick up a TV package for the rest of us? They want to promote their investment, then get them to put the games on TV.

So obviously we all know what a yuppy is, but the real question is this: How do you spot a yuppy developing? When a person is growing up, what are signs that designate them as yuppies-to-be?

Is it income-based? Does the car you drive make the difference? Or is it perhaps the clothes you wear? I think the biggest thing is mind-set and attitude.

17. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I'm gonna ramble a second - hit the snooze button.

I have a good freind who had a lovely life in a lovely development in lovely Dublin with a lovely wife and two lovely kids.

Then one day his wife announced that she needed some time to think through her life and would he mind awfully much moving out for awhile, so they could think or something.

Well, being an idiot, and trying to placate his wife, he did so. A divorce lawyer later told me this is a terrible mistake. Your wife has the house she wants, the car she wants, the kids she wants and the life she wants. The only smudge in the photo is YOU, and you just obliged her by removing yourself. There is NO chance that you will ever be moving back in.

Particularly in his case, when it became apparent that she had been doing the bad thing with some jerk for months. He moved in and my freind had court-ordered child support taken out of his paycheck every two weeks. Forever. And since she had cleverly never worked, he got dunned for every damn bill, including her weekly car wash. Leaving him just enough for his five year old car and his one bedroom apartment.

Let this be a lesson to you guys: if she ever pulls this sort of stunt, say "Gee, yeah, good idea. I'll help you pack. The kids and I will miss you. Gimme a call when you figure it all out"

Anyway, Mr Dublin, sadder, wiser and infinitely poorer, used to say that the only thing his kids learned in Dublin Schools was how to be snobs.

And indeed, these two little stinkpots made you want to just slap them in the mouth. Repeatedly.

18. markxinger

markxinger Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Gahanna, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So let me get this straight Mr. Bill Archer. You, Bill, George W Bush supporter and poster of many right leaning diatribes (on a soccer forum no less), wants to burn down the Columbus Academy? Exsqueeze me!!!

Who do you think would be president today without all of that "yuppie scum" voting? Ralph Nader?

And who is going to lead your "revolution"? Dick Cheney? Rummy? "These yuppie scum had WMD and links to Al Quadia. They had to be eliminated".

Get real, Bill.

19. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I don't think he actually means he wants to burn the place down. Don't take things so literaly.

At my high school there was alot of kids from rich neighborhoods. I knew guys on the soccer team whose Dad's owned jewlery stores, were poloticians etc etc.

Those kids got whatever they wanted. I used to be jealous cause my Dad wouldn't buy me *#*#*#*# and made me work and save every paycheck.

Now that I am older I realize how lucky I was.

20. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If some people are too dense to pick up on the line "when the revolution comes" being a *#*#*#*#in joke, then you're not worth wasting two-fingered typing on.

Just accept that I want to burn down schools.

Idiot.

On a somewhat brighter note, game of the week Saturday night:

Dublin Coffman vs. Dublin Scioto.

On form, Scioto should win, but Coffman beat Hudson 1 - 0 and are a tough team in their own right.

7:15 at Scioto. State mandated five bucks to get in. Won't break anybody.

It may be a sellout, so grab some dinner, cheak out the game and then head home to watch the Crew on TD at 10.

21. Crewtahn

Crewtahn New Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    don't burn down CA!

just to back up Ornery here - when I was there, more kids showed up to soccer games than to football. it helped that the football team was awful - but there has always been a strong committment to soccer at Academy. (1995 State Champs - i think)

also - isn't there some connection between the Bushies and CA? It might have been urban legend - but I want to say that Bush Sr's grandfather was one of the founders of the school - i could be completely wrong though.

and i think we can all agree burning schools should be reserved for elementary school childrens' bastardazations of holiday carols.

22. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    Whoah, whoah, whoah. Now what about these hot 16-yr old girls?

23. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Scioto's got the higher ranking and is still unbeaten but Coffman is looking to even the score after a 1-0 defeat at the hands of the Irish last year. I'm almost certain to be there.

24. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can somebody give me the score on this one?

Edit: nevermind scioto 2 - 2 Coffman.

If amyy was there, please share.

The big news is that #1 Cleveland St Ignatious lost to Bay. Toledo St Francis should move up to #1, but Scioto could make a case. Pick North, Westeville North and Coffman could all be in the top ten, while Thomas Worthington has lost two games by a total of 7 - 0 and will likely drop out.

Strongsville, Hudson and Lakota West (watch out) figure in there somewhere.

HUGE game of the week: Westerville North v. Coffman on Tuesday. The top teams get no rest in the Central district.

NOTE TO OHSAA: Hey guys, not to complain, but on Friday night I paid $7 for two people to watch the #10 and #13 NCAA Div one teams in the country play a hell of a match.

Last night I paid $10 for two people to watch a really, really bad Ohio High School game. If it wasn't for bilking parents who have no choice but to attend, you wouldn't need a ticket booth. Cut us a break.

25. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I was planning to attend but my wife informed me of a change of plans late in the afternoon. My daughter had 15 friends from her rowing team over for "team bonding" and I had to stay to get the pizzas, pop, the movies from Blockbuster. You get the picture, right?