If you were excited by the upcoming Superdraft..

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by GoldFinger, Nov 15, 2004.

1. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    The difference between DCU and FCD is that they sucked with their young core players, we sucked with older players that won't be part of the squad and did not develop the younger talent. If we go out and add quality through allocations and the draft, are Goodson and Nunez ready to step in and contribute? Frankly I have no idea. If you look at the holes at Left Wing, Attacking Mid, Striker, Right back, Left Back where are these players going to come from? Apparently rookies are not ready to play in Dallas, so the draft is out...we only have two allocations.

2. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, last year (2003) DC sucked with their old players. Carrol, Namof, Quaranta, Esky, Stokes, etc almost never got off the bench under Hudson. He even traded guys Rongen had picked like Lisi and Justin Mapp.

Many of those guys have turned into solid contributors this season despite not playing much as rookies. I think that's a hopeful sign for FC Dallas.

3. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I am.

But that's ok. I don't mind going out on a limb some time.

4. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe.

I happen to think the guy has loads of charisma. He may be lacking in certain things (aren't well all?) but Charisma is not one of them. IMHO.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard a rumor he is "avaliable."

6. GoldFinger

GoldFinger New Member

Jun 19, 2004
    The interesting thing on Carroll is that he did not play at all in 2003 and led the team this year in minutes. Somehow, I have a hard time imagining Maurin or Wags pulling that off. They had Gros, a rookie with over 2000 minutes and Adu with 1400.

FCD
    Nunez 100 min
    Goodson 250 min
    Sayler 1400 min (next to nothing for the second half)
    Behncke 1200 min

7. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would do a big time happy dance if we could somehow land Burciaga. Left back problem-SOLVED!

8. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    & Reyes to RB.

9. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then move Talley or Jolley for a draft pick, and use the cap space for those allocations.