If you could replace L.A. with any other club, who and why?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Bayer04fan, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Bayer04fan

Bayer04fan New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA,USA
    Id replace the Galaxy roster with the Liverpool or Leverkusen squads!!!

2. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newcastle. Just because.

3. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell I'd replace the enitre roster with almost any team in the Bundesliga or EPL.

4. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three years ago, I'd have said Liverpool. I still love the Reds, but I'm still getting used to all the new faces. I don't really know who to root for on the squad. Xabi Alonzo is friggin' brilliant, though.

But right now, I'd take Barca. Don't ask why. Just cuz.

[EDIT]

Actually, I'd settle for a Galaxy squad that included Grabavoy and Ngwenya on a constant basis, and replaced Ruiz with Ronaldinho.

5. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    Leeds United Football Club in the hope their supporters' rabid team support would rub off on us.

6. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    I'll never forget the crying kid with "Leeds til' I die" on his chest"...those are fans...

7. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, but the debt they'd bring would sink the league. :p

I'm bias but Ipswich Town would be perfect. Their stadium has a capasity of about 30k (similor to the HDC) and managed a couple of years ago to produce a team that qualified for the UEFA Cup. I'd also replace Doug Hamilton with Town's Chairman, Dave Sheepshanks and Sampson with Joe Royle. I'd never miss a match then.

Thing is, ITFC appreciates it's fans and goes out of it's way to make sure that every match is a great experience for the fans. They even select about 10 fans prior to matches to meet with Sheepshanks and Fan Relations staff to make sure they are doing everything possible to take care of their customers. When you aren't the only game in town and have to battle for every fan (London is an easy train ride away...you can be at Highbury in about an hour from Ipswich) you have to make sure you do everything possible to keep fans coming back. LAG have never had this problem...but will next season. We'll see what happens.

8. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    I would keep the G's but replace Ngwenya and Ruiz with Teves and Guillermo Barros Eschelotto.

Dale Boca!