If you can't beat'em, join 'em: CNBC Hires Dennis Miller

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ian McCracken, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    While CNN continues to flounder, CNBC recognizes that the only way to compete with Fox News is to get more "fair and balanced" (i.e. give conservatives a TV show). Dennis Miller trends libertarian/conservative and it's going to be mighty enjoyable watching him rip the Democrats.

CNBC Hires Dennis Miller to Host Show

NEW YORK - Dennis Miller, the sardonic comedian who delivered a fake newscast on "Saturday Night Live" and told jokes in the "Monday Night Football" booth, will host a prime-time political talk show on CNBC.

The network said Thursday it had inked Miller to a multiyear deal for the political chat show, set to begin in January.

Miller said he would work four nights a week at 9 p.m. ET.

Miller, a registered Republican, has become increasingly known for his political views. He bashed anti-war activists on a "Tonight" show appearance last spring, calling filmmaker Michael Moore a "stupid moron" for criticizing President Bush at the Academy Awards.

A few months later, Miller was the opening act at a Bush fund-raiser in California, earning him a ride on Air Force One and the president's limousine. He said of Bush's Democratic opponents: "I haven't seen a starting nine like that since the '62 Mets."

2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    At least the '62 Mets were funny to watch. These 9 humps are sourfaced drips (except Rev. Al - he's always hilarious, often unintentionally).

Dennis Miller in small doses is funny. But if he does a current events show a la Keith "My Career's Missing in Action" Olberman, he could get overexposed quickly.

3. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Re: Re: If you can't beat'em, join 'em: CNBC Hires Dennis Miller

But does he still sport the Vinnie Barbarino hairdo?