If we win the Champions league...

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Neo¹, Jul 12, 2005.

1. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    if we win the champions league.... i will give up my t-totalness and get absoloutley wrecked!!!

2. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    I'm just trying to decide if I should go by "Elder Waldman" or "Gooner Waldman".

3. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Shouldn't it be; Your Highbury kit, white shorts, shin guards, and Stand-up/Speak up bracelets are in the mail?

4. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Selling your Captain at his peak (29) to the highest bidder?

Would Man U have sold Robbie Keane five years ago?

5. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    You're an Idiot.

I guess Juventus are a selling club because they Sold Zidane at 29. Real Madrid as well for selling Redondo. Get the Fcuk outttttttttttttta here and quit while you're behind.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    To be fair Neo, the list could include Vieira, Petit, Overmars, Anelka, etc...

I'm not saying it's wrong, because the profit is very good for the club, but it does make you more of a selling club than you would like to believe.

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon....you're being a bit disingenuous here and you know it. Most people understand "selling club" as meaning a club that sacrifices players for financial reasons and recognizing they will be probably be sacrificing winning as well. Wenger has sold some "big name" players but always with replacement in mind and rarely for just financial reasons.

8. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is also important to remember what happens to most of those big names after we sell them. Its not like we let them go and them they blossom into superstars like you see with selling clubs.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I think there are different types of selling clubs. You get those like Auxerre, who rely on their selling the products from their youth system, in the knowledge that others are waiting to step up. Then you get clubs like Arsenal (and others) who will usually accept a good offer for players, but will use the money to invest wisely in the squad. It's not a bad thing!

10. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Side Note: Teso, did you PM Huss yet?

11. Arsenal_pwns_all

Arsenal_pwns_all New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Caused by the lack of money and by Hill-Wood and the rest of the board. Not by lack of CL

Can only be solved if we played in the La Liga or Seria A.

Can only be solved if Bill Gates buy us

Can never, ever be solved even if we win the CL ten years in a row. :rolleyes:

12. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Name one player since Anelka who has left because of money.

Completely absurd.

Or if we build a new stadium to produce much more revenue...

Maybe you'd enjoy being a Real fan more, although they never won the CL 10 years in a row either. Forget soccer, go find a Yankees messageboard.