If they advance, Sounders will HOST USOC Final!

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by sounderfan, Aug 29, 2007.

1. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    So says an email sent to supporters by the Sounders today.

FC Dallas will host it if they beat the Sounders.

2. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet! So if Seattle beats Dallas and perhaps N.E. will we finish above the Galaxy? :D

3. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, but for this tourney we've already finished above Los Galacticos. They were eliminated the same round we disposed of Chivas.

Seattle Sounders --> MLS killers.

4. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He meant that we'd probably finish with more wins over MLS opponents than the Galaxy do for the entire MLS season.

5. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that doesn't really speak the volumes that winning the two cups (still possibly four) will. Especially since Chivas didn't have a full starting 11.

6. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a joke Keith...... considering Seattle doesn't have the payroll that LA and GOLDENBALLS command. The way Seattle has played this year they could fair well in MLS with a few more additions.

7. dc2seattle

dc2seattle New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    fantastic - cant wait to hit up my first game since i moved to seattle, and my first sounders game
    it would be great see a win and a finals match at home

8. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotcha. It's time again to get the emails ready to request the Sounders get promoted to MLS, which we should've been in since 1996.

What are the attendance possibilities for a final? Do you think we could beat the opening Qwest field match? That would be AWESOME! :)

9. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Both clubs are coming in off of disappointing home league losses...

Seattle 1:2 Minnesota
    FC Dallas 0:4 DC United

10. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be a stretch........ but Seattle is capable of a sellout. After all, how many finals have Seattle pro teams actually played in over the years? 6? 7?

11. brew1b

brew1b New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Bremerton, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see Seattle's loss but I doubt that they were dominated like FC Dallas was against DCU.

12. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    No. The Sounders put in a second-string lineup, as they had LeToux, Alcaraz-Cuellar and Treschuk out. That, and they looked rather lifeless. Not the type of ball that we're used to from them.

13. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Note: Treschuk played. It was attacking left wing Josh Gardner who sat with the other two mentioned.

14. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Huh. My parents told me Kenji was out (they had to go in my stead), I just got the play by play from them when they got home.

15. jamesl

jamesl Red Card

Jul 16, 2007
    A.O. strikes again. Simply the worst official in USSF history. How does he have a job? Seriously? He's hideous. There's not a team he's officiated for who's ever been happy with him, even winning teams. I thought Brian Hall was the worst, but A.O. has taken the lead by miles.

16. Yellow Cash

Yellow Cash New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Boston
    Sorry guys...I was pulling for you. Just watched it online...looks like you all had a good time at the game. I thought the Dallas bench was going to get nailed with beer cans as the time wasting continued. Dallas always pulls that stuff in bigger games. We'll see it again during the MLS playoffs.

17. Collander

Collander New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Heart Break City. That was an amazing game, Sounders certainly had chances to score, and from my point of view totally dominated the game. I hate complaining about officiating during a game, but tonight was atrocious. Apparently hand-balls are legal now.

Not sure what Dallas was trying to prove with all the delay of game b.s. I especially liked the guy on the bench who kicked the ball into the stands. That was nifty.

Sounders played, good, hard ball. Not much else to ask for I suppose.