If there is a strike..who will u support?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Onionsack, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who will u support if there is a strike?

1. I will support the MLS ownership!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am behind the players!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If a strike happens what side of the picket line will you stand?

BTW..its a public poll so your vote can be seen.

2. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support people who use the word "you" instead of the letter "u" when referring to the second person singular or plural pronoun.

1 person likes this.
  3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the white players, that's for sure.

4. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can I support creamy gouda?

------RM

5. asoc

asoc Member+

Sep 28, 2007
    Tacoma
    Crap poll. There is no option for supporting a point of view that is in the middle. It isn't that black and white in my opinion.

Also, I have to agree with JeremyEritrea about the "u"

6. SOB - Fleetwood

SOB - Fleetwood New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After tonight's FSC report does not look like we are going to have a season! The owners said in no way are they going to change the single entity structure and are prepare to scrap the entire season to protect it.

If they bring in scabs I an still going to games! I could care less if Landon Donovan or anyone else currently in the players union shows the f$%^ up! F%^& em!

7. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'll support celtic, inter, aston villa to pick up the 4th spot in the EPL and the us men's national team as always.

8. allegrabene

allegrabene New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Alexandria, Va
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah i'd probably go watch scabs play too. it'd be interesting to analyze if nothing else

9. SOB - Fleetwood

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This entire situation has p$%^ed me off! I dropped $5K on season tickets for a league that could give a rats ass about us fans! If they do not show up next week they will pay a heavy price!

10. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support the owners. They're in this for the long haul and have the more financially realistic position. The players are acting as though this league can support their demands.

11. SOB - Fleetwood

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    iagree with this 100% - now is not the time for this non-sense!

12. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    im pissed but more so at the owners because well we are never going to win the CCL with the way the league is structured right now. I pretty much decided if there is a strike im going to give the NASL more of a look this year then i planned on originally. Tell me are the best USA athletes going to want to stick with soccer if they are looking at 15,000 to 20,000 a year at the beginning of there career and have little chance to go to a club of there choice. Or even they do pursue soccer do you think they are going to stay here and play there careers in MLS if they have the oppurtunity to go to europe where they would have the freedom to move freely.

13. SOB - Fleetwood

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon Donovan is a real team player! If they go out on strike he goes and collects a check with Everton! LD=A$$hole! If they strike he should not play anywhere!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/news;_yl...slabor-donovan

No wounder he pi#$ed me off som much tonight on FSC!

14. rand al'thor

rand al'thor New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    In the 4th dimension
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seems like the alot of people here have bought the owners propoganda hook, line, and sinker.

15. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

are you saying that the league could not support a system in which every player contract is at least guaranteed for that season once the season has started/roster compliance date? are you saying that the league could not support a system in which most players were not forced to sign contracts with unilateral ownership only options? are you saying that the league could not support a system in which if one of the teams cuts/waives a player or does not renew their contract that other teams in the league are free to, without being forced to compensate the other team, submit sealed one time bids to MLS HQ indicating what terms of contract they would be willing to offer for that players services that would then be passed on to the player who would decide based on whatever criteria he wished which he wanted to accept?

because if a league could not support those sorts of simple, quality of employment type improvements than what good is that kind of league?

now, the players may be asking for more than this on these issues, and if they are then they are just not being realistic. without any real details we cannot know. but if they are asking for what i put forth above and mls isn't willing to do them out of some misguided notion that any hint of treating it's "employees" with a bit of extra freedom and respect will threaten the entire structure of their enterprise well i would question any sort of structure that mandated such extreme unreasonableness just to shoe-horn it in to some magical legal definition which allows the to skirt anti-trust laws and "collude" legally.

16. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009

wow why does mls sound more like Communist China

17. Prune

Prune New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Are you saying the league hasn't already made these offers to the players?

18. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    no i was asking questions of somebody who said that they couldn't support the players because they were asking for things the "league couldn't support"

i am not really on either side in this. i am on the side of a league that runs more fairly for the players in some basic and easily accommodated ways (as above), is more open and transparent and where MLS HQ has less (or no) power to veto the individual clubs when it comes to player/personnel decisions (beyond the general salary cap/roster rules) and where the league has rules and guidelines and structures for salary expenditures that strike a balance between league stability vs need for growth/improved players, enforced parity vs unrestricted dominance by a few clubs and rules aimed at the lowest common denominator/teams gain no on field benefit for being more successful off the field vs teams are left to sink or swim on their own/the more revenue a team can generate the more it can spend without limit (a middle ground might be helping support struggling less fortunate franchises with revenue sharing/teams off field success of lack thereof has some limited manifestation or translation on the field).

19. njndirish

njndirish Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Notre Dame, IN
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support neither, both sides are full of idiots and egomaniacs. The point of negotiations is to come to an agreement while both sides give and take. To me it looks like both sides refuse to admit that the other has any logical points. It's like listening to f'n congress and their partisan debates where neither side wants to concede.

It will be sad that the morons who run the league and probably the dolts who represent the players will be at the NYRB match saturday and will be patting each other on the backs in separate boxes as a job well done.
    "Give the players nothing"
    "A strike will brake the owners"

20. IKickAndIm50

IKickAndIm50 Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Im just not sure why all this is happening now.... what sparked this conflict? Why cant these players wait til MLS teams are more profitable to make radical demands?

In general though i probably sympathize with the players, since they have a point that all they're asking for is the same EPL, etc have. I think they should have waited a few more seasons though to make these demands, as of now it doesnt seem financially feasible.

21. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then they should be good enough to play in the EPL.

22. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support the players and will not watch scabs. No way.

23. SOB - Fleetwood

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems some poeple think we should blow up the league model and over pay under achieving players. The owners are the people who made this league and all the new SSS stadiums possible. Don't forget that small point.

24. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    I'm not "supporting" either one....taking a wait and see attitude regarding replacement players and will probably go to the games regardless. IMO the players are living in a dream world of over expectation at this point in MLS history.

25. SOB - Fleetwood

Jul 25, 2009
    PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey players, when you goto your meeting today - bring your pens! Anything less is going to result in alot of unhappy fans!

I cannot wait to Reading HS or Reading United AC play valencia in the new Union stadium!