If Spenny is healthy... do you want to see him start?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by greenie, Oct 25, 2004.

1. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    From both RMN are Post articles ... looks like Spenny is out. :rolleyes:

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a way to leave the league...injured. :( Sad for Spenny.

3. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    He's got over two weeks to recover before the final ;)

4. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I would be inclined to keep Spencer out, and bring him in as a sub if need be. NOT that I find Delgado or Rey Rey to be all that inspiring (I don't - and I don't want to see either of them start), and while I like Cila, I don't see him as a starting forward - yet. But seriously, Spencer has not been a part of this team for the better part of the year. When he has played, he has not looked all that great.

I also highly doubt that DLT will start. This is going to be one game bunker ball all the way, and while I like DLT, his defense is next to invisible at times.

I mean, besides, what kind of coach would make big changes right at the start or 1 game into the playoffs anyway? ;-)

You know, this could be the most victorious and meaningful 1-1 tie in the history of the Rapids.

5. Rabidratz

Rabidratz Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I mean, besides, what kind of coach would make big changes right at the start or 1 game into the playoffs anyway? ;-)

Seem to remember a certain coach who changed goalies last year!!!!!

6. phills

phills Member

Nov 24, 1999
    I like Beckerman and have been a consistent supporter of his this season. That doesn't change the fact that he has very little attacking influence on the game. That may be how he's been instructed by Hankinson this year, but the bottom line is that we need to go out and try to win this game, rather than sit around and possess for a draw.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well you probably don't remember that beckerman can be in the offense if given the opportunity. He played attacking mid on the 17's and was the second leading scorer to donovan... He was picked up by miami that had 7 allstars soo didn't get a chance..Then he comes to colorado with valderama so he didn't get a chance. then he continues to have a coach that will not see him in any other position other than dmid and makes him stay back most of the time. Believe he can play offense if given the chance consistently.... What is spencer and Chung this year offensive players???? uummm they haven't done much so a creative coach would of try other combinations. I shake my head when time after time people on this forum will consistently want a player in because he was our offense at one time even if they haven't done squat this year.. i am a strong supporter of beckerman. if he goes to salt lake i am sure he will be given the chance to do more in offense.

7. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    As much as I respects Spencer for what he did for the Rapids last year, I still don't want to see him in another game for us. I get the feeling he checked out a long time ago. In professional sports you're only as good as your last goal. Who knows when that was for Spencer.