The living breathing Garra Charrua terrorizing Madrid opponents - The Fede El Grande Valverde Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Hendrix22, Aug 7, 2018.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks for your meaningful contribution.

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    More meaningful than abstract BS about 'mental toughness to succeed' (how do you measure that), 'hes always the victim' (where the hell does that even come from?), or 'eternal promise' (the mother of all cliches with literally zero meaning).

Oh and definitely more meaningful than your white knight intervention here.

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Entirely accurate analysis of the Kova sit.

1) lacked mental toughness - wouldn't have left the club cause he didn't think he was good enough to make it.
    2) victim mentality - complained and blamed having to leave club which was his own choice.
    3) eternal promise - arrived at Madrid as promising young player but has yet to make breakthrough and earn individual recognition here, at Chelsea or with Croatia.

4. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Fede potential wise is like a much (very much) improved Khedira....lung busting runs...great workrate.....but better than Khedira technically and most importantly in terms of passing.

If he can keep improving his passing, and is able to develop an eye for goal and long range shooting....he can be truly world class (in the mould of Gerrard like someone mentioned here).

5. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1. He was a bench player for three years because he had the two best players in his position in the world (at the time) ahead of him (Modric and Kroos). If you know you can be a starter anywhere else why stay, to prove 'mental toughness'? Was Llorente also not mentally tough then? Or Ceballos? Or Higuain before?
    2. Never complained and blamed anyone so I dont know what youre on about there.
    3. He is a regular starter for Chelsea and finds himself behind Modric again for Croatia.

So yeah, because this is wrong, it makes those statements also cliches.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Whiny boy Kova wanted out despite starting in biggest games like Clasico, away at PSG, semi vs Bayern. Now he finds himself on the Chelsea bench for the third straight game. Maybe Lampard decided they play better without him.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, Stiliyan and 6 others repped this.
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Goes on to delete all madrid related stuff from his social media. He is a whiner.

Also he is a bench player for Chelsea. Has been most of his time there.

Look i have nothing against Kova...but it became obvious that the separation was good for both sides.

8. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have zero regrets when it comes to selling Kovacic. Absolutely none.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, Stiliyan and 2 others repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    M'lady.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I get that you are bitter that he wasn't rejoicing at another season of being a rotation player here. But I dont know who are you trying to lie to when you come up with cherrypicked examples that he was a starter when we know he was behind Modric and Kroos in the pecking order. Which should not be a diss, and by no means an indicator of his quality.

It hardly gets more hypocritical than petty Madrid fans blaming Kovacic of pettiness. We could have had a midfield of Kovacic, Llorente, Valverde, Casemiro and Ceballos. Perfect balance of physical, technical, offensive and defensive attributes. Instead we chose to keep going with lazy static Kroos and washed up Modric. Yeah sorry, right now I'd rather have Kovacic than either of those two. Its not 2017 anymore.

11. Gogermo

Gogermo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 22, 2019
    If he was so good he would be a automatic starter for Chelsea. He is not.

Higuain and mental toughness is also one of those things that never go good together. Big time bottler If there ever was one.

Rather have Kovacic instead of Modrid or Kroos (Even their current selfs.) come on man. This is getting out of hand embarrassing

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good thing Kovacic is now living up to his potential then.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, Stiliyan and 6 others repped this.
  13. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol, indeed. It’s one thing to like a player’s skillset. But to blindly defend said player when they can’t seem to apply that skillset to achieve anything resembling consistency or tangible results, THAT is the definition of abstract BS.

Deep Pal, madridista_hr, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  14. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    What player that we've sold has not flopped elsewhere in recent memory?
    The way I see it we were using them to the best of their abilities - super-subs.

Deep Pal, Pundorikakho, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't think I have ever repped so many posts on only one page.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo. :D

Oh and Callejon who has absolutely found himself a second home at Napoli.

Deep Pal and SayWhatIWant repped this.
  17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know what was his potential or care about him living up to it. All I know and care about is that he is a fast, tenacious, hard working, highly technical midfielder who can play the ball out of pressure. And outside Valverde we have no one that checks all those boxes. You can use all kinds of argumentative techniques, deride, spin, use cliches, but that still won't change.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then it's good that he's putting all those abilities to great use now.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What use is he supposed to put those abilities to in order for him to 'live up to the potential'? Score 20 goals and make 20 assists in a season? Come on, keep the witty one liners coming. Still can't deny thats his profile as a midfielder. Hilarious.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Only 1 person is shedding tears over Kovacik. That should tell u something.

The rest of us are glad he is gone and wish him good luck

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's the same Ole contrarian shtick. Stanned Lucas Vazquez to bits some months ago as well then forgot about him.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Youre so full of shit. Only your pretentious ass can call appreciating Lucas' work ethic 'stanning him to bits'. Is there a quota of Lucas support posts I need to fulfill or something? And if it was a 'contrarian shtick' why don't I shit on Valverde? Or praise Bale? My opinion overlaps with 90 percent of the general opinion. But 90 percent is not enough, right?

In any case, when youre losing the argument you resort to personal jabs and deflections. Like clockwork, classic. Im still waiting for you to say that Kovacic is not a fast, tenacious, hard working, highly technical midfielder who can play the ball out of pressure. Come on, you can do it, just gather the courage.

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Youre glad hes gone because he deleted the Madrid photos on instagram. Boo hoo. Hes the type of midfielder we sorely lack, thats the only thing that matters.

24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm glad he is gone for his own good so he can have a better opportunity

But also because we have better players to make room for

Modric
    Case
    Kroos
    James
    Valverde

Are all better than him. I guess you can debate he is better than Isco but while they were both here, isco was better.

Deep Pal and madridista_hr repped this.
  25. Gogermo

Gogermo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 22, 2019
    Only that he is not of required quality and has shown it everywhere he has played be it Inter, Us or Chelsea. Hardworking, tenacious, highly technical mid is every coaches dream. Ever wonder why he still doesnt break into teams ev n with such well rounded and wonderful skillset.... Yeah ofcourse you dont since it doesnt fit your narrative.

Kovacic is a poster boy for the termithey use in NA on hockey players "all the tools but no tool box" = Just cant deliver on his obvious talent for what ever reason.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.