IF it dissapeared.

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by EricKingh8sTheFire, Mar 24, 2009.

1. EricKingh8sTheFire

EricKingh8sTheFire New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just something I was thinking...People who sit in Supporters Sections have something inside of them, maybe some need for excitement, built in anger, a need to release stress,,there is something different about them than 'casual' fans...So just wondering, what would you do if the Cauldron, as of tomorrow, no longer existed...Would you go and sit and watch the games? Would you stop going to the CAB and move onto a local pub? Move to Seattle and join the ECS? What would u do? I would be sad..and probably do the whole PUB thing, cause at least u can stand and scream inside the bar.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What pub, there is no soccer pub in KC.

I'd be at games, you don't need to be in a supporters group to support your team or be a big fan.

3. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, I watch the away games at a place called Brocks, which shows them on the big screen and whatnot...I might still go to some games, but I find it hard to sit down, I get to antsy

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    "built in anger"?

passion is not "anger" in my book

5. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mine niether...dont recall saying it is...Just saying some of the people there might be there cause they want a way to release anger...U didnt answer the question though amigo!

6. soccerpatch11

soccerpatch11 Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would sit in the same section I always do.

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where's this place at? i've never heard of it. cheap beer on tap?

do you have adhd?

8. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brocks, Picture Hills shopping Center off 64th st, and yeah 5 dollar pitchers of bud light......and lol nope, just have an urge to stand, jump, etc. etc. during games.

9. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol its really directed at people who sit in the Cauldron patch.:)

10. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahhh, it's way up in the northland. no wonder i'd never heard of it. $5 pitchers is awesome, though.

11. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    50 second walk from my house...so 4 five dollar pitchers, watch away day, stumble home..its a beautiful thing.

12. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With or without the Cauldron I would show up to as many games as I could. Watching games live is infinitely better than on tv. It wouldn't be as fun as being in the cauldron but I'd still be there supporting my team, because I'm a KC and MLS supporter not a cauldron supporter.

13. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would still go to the games.

I am also a Chiefs STH, I attend many Royals games every season, and I travel to Denver and St. Louis yearly to watch the Avalanche and Blues play. I don't sit in a supporters section at any of those events, and I have a great time.

You have to ask yourself, are you a fan of the sport, or just a fan of the atmosphere. And it's possible to be a fan of both. But there a lot of people attend Chiefs games just because of the party in the parking lot before the game. They don't care much about football. I think that the Cauldron will probably attract a lot of the same types of people when it comes to soccer.

I'm one of those people who likes to see the game live. I know I get better information (like instant replay) when I sit at home and watch, but there's just something about being there. I don't have to be a part of some group.

I went to Wizards games long before I started sitting in the Cauldron, and if the Cauldron disappeared, I'd still attend the games. Because I like soccer. I'm there to watch the game.

14. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Many of us were not in the Cauldron initially and gravitated towards it. If it was gone we would go back to watching as we did before.

However, if "IT" went away, I would do everything in my power to bring "IT" back.

Those of who helped with the "Save the Wizards" effort know how close we were not to just losing the Cauldron, but the whole damn team. If the Cauldron itself was threatened I would anticipate a similar movement starting up.

However, this has to be said, orchestrated F-bomb chants, throwing bottles on the field and fighting with other fans are the kinds of behaviour that can threaten the Cauldron's existence.

15. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd do what I do when I go with my parents, wife, or sister. I sit until I want to stand and cheer! I love to watch games live. When by myself or with my sons, I stand when I can. Even going to youth games, I prefer to stand.

I would never considering moving to join some other teams Supporters Group!!!

16. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm one of those people who love both atmosphere and the game. It's why I got Cauldron season tickets instead of the berm this season. That's not to say that I don't care about the Wizards, it's just that the way that they became one of my favorite teams was through creating easily the best atmosphere in KC sports. I'm not really worried about this scenario, but I will say that losing the Cauldron would be a huge set-back in the movement to grow the team's fanbase.

As a Chiefs' STH, I miss the old days of Arrowhead and I always felt a little left out when my family sat in the club section. Now that I've moved upstairs, I find myself a little disappointed.

17. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    It won't go away.

If it did, we'd just start version 2.0 somewhere else.

18. Jarnevic

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cauldron in strong. It ain't going anywhere. The section was sold out on Saturday. This is a good example of a group growing. This isn't a block party. We're not going to know everyone. Growth means there's gonna be new faces, new problems AND new positives.

Game one is being overanalyzed.

19. tKCyclone

tKCyclone Member

May 2, 2007
    Johnston, Iowa, USA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also my thoughts.

i know this is supposed to be hypothetical, but what's the point in discussing this? I don't mean to be rude, but it seems as useful as 'what would you do if they built all the stands in Hillcrest Road to face in the opposite direction of the field?'

20. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could not agree more.

I really can't believe all the stuff going on here after just one game. I mean, we have never in our history had a game where the Cauldron was disorganized :rolleyes:

21. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's 5 minutes from my house apparently and I have never heard of it.

$5 pitchers would be awesome if it wasnt Bud Light.

22. Jarnevic

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could be wrong, but think I've been to this place. And if I remember correctly, a pitcher of some "higher quality" beer was only like $6 or $6.50. So it still wans't too bad.

23. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really is a beautiful little place, potential Wizards watch party place.

24. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What is it by in the Picture Hills shopping center? I will check it out soon.

25. EricKingh8sTheFire

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its right next to the Karate place...like..if your facing the gym, it would be on your left, you will see the red 'smoke' tent outside.