If I was Carlos Alberto Parreira (South Africa)

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by Rubinhogoal, Jun 1, 2010.

1. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. But you don't give up until after you are eliminated, and they are still breathing. Heck, 3-0/2-0 gets them to a coin toss, and through if they score the 3, not Uruguay.

Like I said, hope you get an early goal or a lucky bounce, deflection, whatever, and France crumbles. You get a second. Imagine that stadium starting to rock if if Bafana, Bafana have a lead of any type, and so does Uruguay. Heck, the stadium in the Uruguay/Mexico game will start to rock. Then if someone gets a second, we are talking 1 goal in each game to at least a coin toss.

Did you see Forlan after he got two? He wanted a third. If he gets one, you know he'll want a second, he'll be dreaming of the Golden Boot. And there is no reason for Uruguay not to go for it, as a draw still sees them through.

That's the scenario you hope for, and if it doesn't come off, you still hold your head up high.

2. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    i want stats here...

what are SA's physical chances?

How many goals does South Africa need against France?
    And what does Mexico/Uruguay need to do for us to qualify?

3. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Damn TrueCrew you got me wanting to run through a wall for RSA :D. Awesome speech. :)

4. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    okay...found it

http://www.kickoff.com/2010/power-station/news/16186/how-bafana-can-reach-round-of-16.php

5. pietpetoors

pietpetoors New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    South Africa
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
  7. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That guy has his scenarios wrong, if you want the stats, see the thread in this forum.

I'll give you an example of one of his mistake:

South African wins 2-0 for a final total of 4 PTS, -1 GD and 3 Goals scored.

Uruguay would then need to beat Mexico by 3, not 4 (assuming Mexico shut out). That would put Mexico on 4 pts, -1 GD, and 3 goals scored.

The teams drew their game together, and you'd be drawing lots for the second round.

This guy assumes SA needs to advance directly, and doesn't contemplate the tie scenario, which overstates what SA needs.

BTW, France is already crumbling, Anelka sent home after cussing the coach out.

8. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I never said i agreed with that article. I merely posted scenarios i found. I did not check wether all of it is true...I assumed they would know what theyre talking about stats wise.

As for Uruguay vs. Mexico? Defensively, Uruguay is far stronger for me than Mexico. Attackingly, Mexico may be better than Uruguay...

I hope Mexico wins far, cause i assume that makes SA's chances better?

9. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Can someone please give a broader scenario in how SA can actually qualify? Or are there just to many?