If I study abroad...

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by Guy Fawkes, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm at college right now, and if I decide to study abroad in England for a semester (it would be next year or two years or something), what would be the best option as far as getting tickets? It seems like going through AA each time would be pretty expensive if I'm living in England already; but I'm not exactly sure how easy it is to get tickets if I join the Red membership (to be honest, I'm not exactly 100% sure how that all works anyway; do all the Red membership people typically get a shot at tickets? Or is there a massive waiting list, which I understand is the case...)

What does anybody think?

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    HomeatHighbury is going to be studying in London this fall semester, he'd be the one to talk to.

and it'll be expensive no matter which route you go (AA or Red Membership)

3. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    If you buy a Red members ticket you only find out 4 weeks from the game whether they go to Red Members. You have to be on the computer generally at 9.30am on the dot before they sell out. The booking fee's are about GBP3.20 so all in all the saving is about 2.50GBP on each ticket. Plus with away games Red Membership gets you Blackburn, Bolton, Boro and bugger all else.

4. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what do you suggest, Rick? How much more expensive would it be to go through AA? And if I were to do so, would it be frowned upon that I would be taking up so many tickets from people in America since I was staying in England?

5. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I'd suggest you o it through AA. I wouldn't charge you the 5GBP service charge every game plus you would have the opportunity to play on the pitch at the end of the season (which is great fun!!). There are always spares so really and truely I am fine with you taking lots of tickets. Others on here have done it in the past and this season.

6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a plan.

I can't wait to study abroad.

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Once you get here you will look back on that statement and laugh :p

8. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. I went there and had my taste of both the exchange rate and the price of everything. It's fairly expensive, but I think I'll enjoy it. ;)

That was a great time; I even enjoyed being in Birmingham!

9. Ziegler1988

Ziegler1988 Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be studying abroad at UCL for the academic year 08/09 :D. Is there any limit to the amount of tickets one can request through Arsenal America since I hope to go to a good amount of matches?

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Study? What is that?

11. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Wait a second.

We can play on the pitch at the end of the season?!

12. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The supporters club 5 (?) a side tourney is usually held at the end of the season and at The Grove (or Highbury before). The Arsenal America side did well last season IIRC.

13. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No. As long as you fork over the money. That's how I did about 20 this past fall. Shall depend on Arse Amer.