If I could figure out how to make a poll

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by morry, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have.

With WizardsCharter gone I am beginning to see how I could be easily identified as the next negative dbag to go. With that in mind I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making and using a frustration sounding thread- in my head it would be somewhere where myself and anyone else could vent their frustrations without ruining another thread with pages of frustrated rants.

I don't know exactly how people feel about me but I can see how I could be taken and I'd rather parse those two sides of my persona a little bit. Anyone interested?

oh and you all suck for judging me!

2. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol
    I wouldnt lose sleep about it man. Couple back on forths on a topic between a couple different people is just the nature of this stuff. I doubt anyones views of you has changed over the whole lack of merch thing if thats what you are elluding too. I dont view you any different than I did before, and it wasnt negitive. Im sure people think everyone is an ahole on here at least sometimes.

I miss WC's posts, he urked me sometimes but he played a role... I know you are lurking at least WC, start posting again!

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can't post, he's been banned from the forum for good--locked out. And without the ability to post, I doubt he bothers reading the forum anymore; I wouldn't.

5. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    WC got banned? What for?

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    vividox mentioned in another thread that he'd been banned.

7. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd still like to know why -- being persistently negative and indifferent to facts barely is banable and he simply never did anything else to justify that kinda thing. I attacked him plenty of times but I'd hope we hadn't stooped so low as to simply silencing those we don't agree with.

WC is what he is -- I doubt he violated a single TOS rule though.

8. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where have you been?

thus this thread- I don't want to get bounced.

i'd just start a blog to contain my moaning but I couldn't add anything that isn't already there

9. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I dunno - I thought I read everything. :D

10. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea I didnt know he was banned either (clearly)

weak

11. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was one of the bigger opponents of WC and his crazy ass post but I wouldnt have wanted him banned for what he posted. That is censorship. I assumed that he did violate the TOS somehow and that is why.

12. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been my concern as well. His views are unpopular with a large segment of the board, but he is still entitled to them. To be sure, there have been a couple of times when I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle him myself, but I'm reminded of Voltaire's views on speech.

I've so far been assuming he didn't violate the TOS, but of course that isn't necessarily true. He could have threatened or denegrated someone or posted hate speech or something, in which case he deserves the ban as anyone else would, but if it was just more questioning of OG's motives or complaining about results and progress, he's entitled to do that. If anyone can't stand it anymore they are free to add him to their Ignore list--that's what it's there for, after all.

13. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In terms of the pure TOS rules I am far more worthy of being banned than WC ever was.

I also don't want people to hold back because they are scared of getting the boot --

Pretty sure WC is blaming Heineman for this right now :D Crazy Bastard :D --

14. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well thinking about this...

His attacks/arguements against RH could be viewed as over the line and personal, he attacked more than just RHs actions "on the reg", and RH is a fellow poster on here. I havent read the rules, but repeated violations in this manner may warrant a ban.

If were to follow everyone of your posts with statements about your character and motives, I would think I would eventually catch heat. At that point, one could view me as trolling you. WC, in theory, was trolling RH.

15. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well this thread is a wreck and I don't have time to deal with it right now. Closing it now, will reopen and answer questions tonight.

16. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    First of all I'd like to say that I'm sorry for closing this thread, but quite a bit of speculation was going on and I thought it would be best to handle this situation head on rather than let rumors muster for 10 pages before I could make time to properly address this thread.

The big question floating around is "why was Wizardscharter banned?" The simple answer is because the vocal majority wanted him to be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone is entitled to question what they are told, and everyone is entitled to sarcasm. WC was not banned for any of those reasons. WC was banned because he made many of his forum peers miserable. Everyone has a right to say what they will, but being such a disturber of the peace that you instigate constant complaint from your peers, and even cause some regulars to quit the forum altogether... KCFutbol and I felt that was taking it to the extreme. We opened discussion with the supermoderators on how to handle the situation, and we came to the conclusion that the best course of action was his removal from our forum discussions.

We believe that every single one of you have the right to use BigSoccer as an online message board community, and if someone is disturbing that dichotomy to the point where the moderators are receiving several complaints a week and long time forum regulars leave, there is a problem.

That all being said, I would like to emphasize that this situation was a special case, and no one else is in danger of being banned for similar reasons. There is no necessity for a thread specifically to vent your frustrations. There is no list of "next to go", and general sarcasm and questioning of authority will not be met by a tyrannical boot from the forum.

We also appreciate your feedback and constructive criticism. Moderating isn't an exact science and it's good to have input from everyone to gauge our performance and expectations. We're not here to be anyone's enemy, we are mostly just trying to keep this forum a place people WANT to be a part of. If you have any more questions or concerns, please send KCFutbol and I a PM voicing them.