If God Played Football He'd be Modric - The Luka Godric Worship Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 29, 2018.

1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Drouchk, saadomar, Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  2. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Modric always says he gets better the more he plays. I wouldn't be surprised if he has another great season next year.

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On "merit" will he play?, he is "old" and, deadweight?, no coach to favour him now so we'll have to wait and see

4. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
  5. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    The guy has just been named player of the season and you say waaat?

6. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s being sarcastic in his Digital sort of way. Talking about people hitting out at Zidane for favoring the old heads even though Modric was ballin all season long.

saadomar and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  7. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    An excellent season for sure.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Obviously, Marcos Llorente should have been playing instead of Modric. Then we would have won the treble.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You jest, but on that note the failure of Zidane and the club to properly rate Llorente has left a bit of a stain that everyone can see. That should’ve been a no brainer to keep him on the books and loan him out again. Not sell him to our rivals. Like I’ve said, plenty to scrutinize Zizou and Flo for, amidst the praise for the things they’ve done well. I’d say the sales of Hakimi and Llorente are glaring mistakes. Should’ve been Isco, Marcelo, AO, and probably Asensio making room.

PigBenis and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He was a midfielder who wasn't that good at that and didn't play for Simeone till a CL tie he tinkered in by playing Llorente in an advanced position in hopes to give more steel.

Llorente should have been sold.

Hakimi? That is another thing. There was no upside selling him and for so cheap. Florentino's excuse of selling him to balance books for me is not enough. Had he sold him to buy Camavinga it could be explained. However selling him for not actual return except to brag we made a profit?

WTF does that do for Madrid?

11. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Mason Mount (Chelsea): "Toughest player I played against in the Champions League this season? I'd probably say Modrić. It was a bit surreal playing against him."

MiamiNative0722, Digital, Lyra and 2 others repped this.
  12. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only Basuralona and CR7 fangirls hate on Modric.

16. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    #1141 lukita, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Serbians and Bosnians do as well, not all but many. There are also some Croatian idiots(more than you would think) who dare talk down on him and call him scum from his dealings with Mamic( a known criminal in Croatia). When in reality this guy Mamic basically was the agent of every single good youth player in Croatia back then and manipulated young players. You just couldn't avoid him if you were a youth player in Croatia, especially in Dinamo Zagreb.

saadomar, J-Mezzy and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whether you're a CR fan or a Messi fan, both committed tax evasion. So idk what makes them feel holier.

18. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    Deep Pal, Anon. and Doni repped this.
  19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    #1145 lukita, Aug 17, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021

So he's playing 1 more season after this one and then he's done. It's really sad but I really hope that he doesn't have to join a new club for his last season next year. He deserves to retire here and I'm sure he would take a 90% pay cut to stay. I really hope Perez let him retire here, when is the last time we had a true legend retire here? He really deserves it man and he's still in top shape. I've never been to a Real match and it's a dream of mine but I will watch him play for us before he's finished either this year or next, ******** the money. How much this guy means to me I could never put into words.

saadomar, Deep Pal, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not too shabby. That kid has the greatest Croatian footballer of all time as his godfather. That's an offer you can't refuse...

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1451138212118732807 is not a valid tweet id

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The great thing about Modric is that he looks like he truly loves the sport and loves playing it. It's about extending his career financially as well, but i think at first level the entire Modric story keeps going because he loves to play.

Digital, Deep Pal, lukita and 1 other person repped this.
  24. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Notable Barca loving Journo Graham Hunter
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/spanish...-exposed-ronald-koemans-shortcomings-as-coach

MiamiNative0722, Digital and Anon. repped this.
  25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the end it wasn't spectacular but we pretty much shut them off, even the very maligned Case, when i watched the game again, did he make errors?, he sure did, but he also made some absolutely crucial blocks and was very instrumental in helping us shut them down, at first look i thought he had a horrendous game all around, at second look i did not think it was as bad as i did during the actual game

Shay Z repped this.