If Bayern were knocked out of the Champion's League, who would you support?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Last year when Bayern were knocked out I supported Juventus for some reason. Maybe this year I'll support Stuttgart, if they progress from their group. What about everyone else?

2. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    If they were knocked out I'd cheer for Stuttgart.

If both of them go out I'd just stop watching the Champions League for the season. That's what I did last year

3. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    If Bayern were knocked out....

it's looking ever more apparent that this might happen

4. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with the first sentiment.

I'd still watch, I just wouldn't have a team to root for.

5. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Stuttgart and Arsenal, though the latter is in even worse shape than Bayern. I support all the southern German sides as long as they are not playing Bayern and there is much to like about Stuttgart. Plus a less focused Stuttgart is less likely to win the Bundesliga, thereby helping our chances.

6. kahn_wannabe

kahn_wannabe New Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ont. Can.
    I wouldn't support anyone, KAHN RULEZ MAN!!! bayern munich all the way if they are out then the champions league is no fun.

7. Bayernfan

Bayernfan Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Definitely Stuttgart; it's good for the German game for one of our teams to make a deep run. More importantly, it helps with the UEFA ratings; if FCB craps out again, that might affect the coefficients used to determine how many spots the Bundesliga will have in upcoming campaigns.

8. fcbayern13

fcbayern13 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    maryland usa
    would have to agree, would like to see stuttgart roll on if fcb crashes out. if german teams both succumb to defeat i'd want like to see chelsea do well.

9. fcbayern13

fcbayern13 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    maryland usa
    basti,

where do you live in germany? i grew up there was born in mering outside of augsburg.

10. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Currently I am not living in Germany, I am in Santa Monica, California. but will be moving to Germany for working internship and hopefully will do my masters in Munich.
    I wasn't born in Germany but my family used to live in Rheinberg, same town as Claudia Schiffer.

I've been to Augsburg but have never heard of Mering sorry, then again my geographical knowledge of Germany is very limited as I lived there only for a short period of time.

11. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Chelsea... On their current form I think they'll do well in the Champ's League.