Idea for SS and MLS Cup Trophy

Discussion in 'MLS: Commissioner - You be The Don' started by kilobio, Oct 29, 2009.

1. kilobio

kilobio Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My idea for SS trophy should be redesigned a little bit so, it can fit on the top of MLS Cup if the winner of SS who also win MLS Cup... so you will have two trophies into one trophy.

If they do that, then people can look at any team trophies, and they can easily see if teams won both SS and MLS Cup in one season.

MLS cup trophy doesn't have to be redesigned completely, just modify it a bit.

2. WTAMUCrew

WTAMUCrew Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Amarillo
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad idea, but chances are that the SS trophy would not be very tall. Therefore, if a team didn't win both they would be stuck with a stumpy trophy for their case. So if I had to chose between the current setup or a new one I would stick with what we have.

3. wmsoccer

wmsoccer New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Steger, Il
    Hmm...interesting concept . Like to see the artisitic BS crowd come up with some renderings or something

4. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a bad Idea!!! but i reccomomen that the SS have a total redesign so it can fit on the front of the MLS Cup maybe a lil Lightweight so you can attach detach... also matching Badges?!!

5. kilobio

kilobio Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I know it is nice idea, anyone have any idea how I can present this idea to Commish Don?

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, and here's why:

7. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why doesn't the winner of SS play the winner of MLS Cup? If it's not the same team.

8. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the mLS Cup is the League Championship not the supporters shield.. the SS is a Consulation.

9. FireFanInPackerLand

Dec 8, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, that didn't even come close to answering the question asked.

Also, no u in consolation.