Idea for preseason training

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Blitzz Boy, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    As we all know, April on the Wasatch Front can bring 6 inches of base & 6 inches of powder to soccer practice fields as far south as Nephi.......

So the SLC Rockchucks Buffalo Soldiers International will have to head someplace a little warmer to train.

The Dorados de Culiacan have just earned promotion into the Mexican first division.

Kind of like the Galaxy now has an agreement with Sao Paulo & the Chicago Fire is linked up with Morelia, maybe SLC can cooperate with Culiacan.

SLC needs a warm place for preseason training & Culiacan needs a place to train at high altitude. Both teams are new to their leagues' First Divisions and both play in the desert. Both teams will have to contend with having their fans outnumbered by visiting Chivas fans.........

I'd be down with a Culiacan - SLC friendly in Guaymas in mid-March. Heck, we visiting fans could even drive there in a couple of days. Culiacan would appreciate a chance to play here in July to simulate the conditions of their away games in Mexico City.

If Kenn gets his way & our team is Cutthroat Trout FC, the Dorados & us could be the Fishy Friends!

So if anyone is going to be in the Internacional/Buffalo Soldiers/Rockchucks front office, suggest that they call up the Dorados.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree, they should come to Central Florida. Disney has a very nice soccer set up.
    Plus its "in-country". Although some may disagree that Utah and Florida are on the same planet.

3. mckid

mckid New Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Logan, Utah
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having lived in both states I would have to concur. :)