Idea for new attacking mid next season?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RevsGuy06, Sep 4, 2002.

1. RevsGuy06

RevsGuy06 Member

Feb 5, 2001
    england 2.0
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of complete randomness, but how about we swing a deal with our old league chums the Metros to get Ross Paule here? He's not quite the exact #10 type of player, but he is a more-than-decent attacking midfielder that can make quality passes in the attack and often threatens opposing defenses when involved in an attack. I dont think Metro would miss him too much either seeing that they have been using him out of postion at defensive mid in favor of Williams and Mathis who will more than likely still be avaibale for that spot next season. If Paule could regain the form he had with Colorado 3-4 years ago when he was their main attacking midfielder and before his injuries, I think he'd be a good investment for our attack next year...thoughts?

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    How about the news just circulated courtesy of Soccer America Confidential:

"A few players of Dutch extraction are fairly serious about coming to MLS, and U.S. international midfielder Earnie Stewart, 33, is just one of them.

When left back Arthur Numan, 32, withdrew his name from national team consideration two weeks ago, one of the reasons he cited was a desire to play in MLS or the J-League when his contract with Glasgow Rangers expires next year...

A source says Numan has already spoken unofficially to representatives of New England and D.C. United..."

The Magpie

3. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    What about getting the leg up in the competition and leasing Joe Madden's last years' bus?

Hmm, Rivaldo reportedly also retired from National Team duty...

4. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ( Waiving white flag) this is not atroll post. You guys are looking for a creative midfielder, what about Chacon? He has genius in his feet and a vision to create plays. I would have loved to have picked him up during the dispersal dradt. Why aren't the revs using him?

5. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Stewart would be an obvious upgrade from any of the mids the Revs are currently fielding, save Ralston. I think he could provide a little versatility that the others (even Ralston) seem to lack. He can pitch in in a defensive mid role, a flanking attacker, and to a certain extent as a playmaker. Bring him on!

I've been passing time during recent Revs matches fantasizing about Ralston teaming up with Joe-Max Moore on the right side attack. Several years on, he remains the all-time best revs player, IMO.

BK

6. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    If only we could throw JMM in the mix...

7. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    If that could be anymore inaccurate, you would have spelled his name wrong.

8. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of what i have seen of him he does have vision, what he lacks is defensive skills. What i would do is sign Dany pena who is a great d-mid and would take that roll. Being perfectly honest your current set-up has you at the bottom of the table so anything you do can only be an improvement.

9. Hobobob

Hobobob New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Ha ha ha, you must not watch the Revs much.