Idea for Chivas USA/Chivas Player Signings

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Autogolazo, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    The Chivas organization should sign a few players for both clubs along the following lines:

January-May/June the player plays the Clausura and (if they're in it) Libertadores for Chivas.

Few weeks off, then in July comes to Chivas USA for July to early November.

Then two months off until January.

That's still more rest than in most European leagues.

Chivas USA isn't shortchanged this way, and Chivas would get him for the Interliga, the Clausura, and Libertadores.

Fans in L.A. will get to see players who made a direct contribution to Chivas' recent Clausura campaign, not Primera A has-beens or developmental players.

What do you think?

2. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    I think it's great. BUT...and a huge BUT is that the only way that a CDCUSA player could participate in the CDG squad is if that player is Mexican. That's their club rule and has been for years, and years, and years, and years.

So...maybe only 5 or 6 of them could participate.

If anything else how come we can't train in Guadalajara for offseason and compete in friendlies against Mexican clubs in the offseason?

3. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Yeah, of course those players will all be Mexican.

It just seems to me like this would be a perfect solution to get those Chivas bench players (Sabah, Jhonny whatshisname, etc.) more time on the field and help both franchises.

It could work both ways--Panchito Mendoza could play the Clausura for Chivas and come back to Chivas USA from June/July to November.

The organization increases the flexibility of its player pool.

You still have to have players that are 100% Chivas (Bravo, Salcido, etc.) or 100% Chivas USA (Palencia, Loquito, etc.). I'm talking about that next level down (Sabah, etc.), but WAY above the Primera A scrubs they brought in last year.

It means they start the MLS season a short a player or two, and Chivas play the Apertura a little short on the bench.