I'd like to extend a warm welcome to Denmark on joining the wonderful world of Islam

Discussion in 'International News' started by Amerikaki, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
  2. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm pretty sure that a European would find an American telling them to wake up to the dangers of fundamentalist Islam pretty funny.

3. Mefisto

Mefisto Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Århus, Denmark
    thanks

maybe its time to mobilize a whole division of cartoonists ;)

4. Mefisto

Mefisto Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Århus, Denmark
    thanks

maybe its time to mobilize a whole division of cartoonists ;)

5. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens

First off, who's to say I'm American? 2nd, If the world actually believes that it's a "Fundamentalist" problem then we're in trouble. When 80% of a population supports suicide bombings, it's not fundamentalist, it's a big big problem...

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Thank you for doing the work for us, Spejic. ;)

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
  8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Internment camps for Euro-muslims, obviously... :rolleyes:

9. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    bingo.

and him being israeli has absolutely nothing to do with his wishes.

10. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    or random retaliatory bombings on random muslim targets.

11. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    No, not random.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Denmark needs to lay off all of the cartoonist. It's THE only way.

13. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens

To start off, stop appeasing the terrorists (Ie. PA, Iran, Arab League) at the expense of your friends who are fighting for Western values and their survival every single day (Israel, United States)

Fight Islamic extremism within your own countries. It takes just one Sheikh to convince a young boy to blow himself up on a bus full of innocent people for a tragedy to occur. Force your Governments to crack down on that kind of "freedom of religion", which is what they will claim is being attacked.

Curb Islamic immigration into your country. Muslims believe that once they are a majority population within a country, the people of that country instantly fall under Islamic rule. There are still Islamic movements that are fighting to "Liberate" Spain since it was once under Islamic rule.

In short, Wake up. Get on the right side of the battle because right now, Europe's future isn't looking so bright. And if you disagree with that statement, just look at any other country in the world that has fallen to Islamic rule...

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So basically, we should just abolish freedom of religion and round up everyone who looks remotely Middle-Eastern/North-African? That's some quality advice right there...

15. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    Actually, that isn't even close to what I said. You're being stupid while attempting to be difficult. A suicide bomber about to set out on a mission to blow himself up among your friends will only feel more empowered by your stance.

16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Okay, so exactly what were you saying? If your point is that there are radical Muslims in Europe, well then, gee, thanks for the information. :rolleyes: Next thing you'll tell me Michael Jackson had some work done on his face...

17. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    I was pointing out the dangers that Europe faces but that it's people refuse to acknowledge. Aren't radicals generally a minority?

[youtube]pm5rpBa7WOw[/youtube]
    [youtube]6UW1AZ4uzZM[/youtube]
    [youtube]q71iddDm_U4[/youtube]

18. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    When it comes to Islam in Europe, it seems that freedom of speech tends to take a backseat.

Bardot fined over racial hatred

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7434193.stm

Quote from the letter.

""tired of being led by the nose by this population that is destroying us, destroying our country by imposing its acts".

Bardot is an animal activist so the letter also objected to the ritualistic killing of sheep by slitting their throats without using a stun gun.

In a secular society any form of dissent or criticism in the form of speech that is punishable by law is a contradiction.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OMG, are you really serious? :eek: :rolleyes:

Please be careful with using the expression "terrorist"...

C'mon, stop generalizing and putting all muslims in Europe (the large majority is well integrated and has no sympathy for terrorists) under general suspicion! There's no clash of cultures, how you try to suggest.

I think that the EU has taken enough measures to fight islamic fundamentalism.

Btw: Regarding that silly Danish caricaturist, I think that the freedom of opinion & press should not across certain limits by insulting other religions.

20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I disagree. There are no limits to freedom of opinion and press. I find it very disturbing that so many people seem comfortable with pretending that there are...

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Then why do Belgium and many other European countries jail Holocaust deniers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Holocaust_denial_law

You see, freedom of speech does and should have some limits when it comes to inciting ethnic and religious hatred (Brigitte Bardot, the Danish cartoons etc), or playing down the slaughter of six million Jewish men, women and children.

22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I was not in favor of that law. Not that I condone the idiots who want to ridicule the Holocaust, but being subjected to speech you find highly offensive is/should be the price we all pay to live in a truly free society. I've heard a lot of nonsense about Bardot, and lord knows I think she's batshit insane, but what exactly did she say? I've never seen anyone give the exact quote.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I cannot believe how paranoid you are. I mean, seriously. You're a South Park Episode waiting to happen.

We'll decide for ourselves what the right side of the battle is thanks very much. I've seen how the US and Israel deal with muslim 'terrorists' and it sickens me. I guess you're fully behind what Israel are doing in Hebron then?

24. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  25. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Western values?

Like what?

Israel and western values? You have GOT to be ********ing kidding me. Figure out a constitution first, then come back.

As far as muslims in my country concern. Sure, there are problems. But nothing we can't handle with your concern or advice.

How arrogant...

Not sure about this one.

You can't expect people to sit back and let you say whatever. The way I see it: do as you please, but be man enough to take the heat for it.

That is were 99% go wrong. Man enough to say horrible things, but not to stand up for it.