IC5: Will Eddie do the Numa Numa song for us?

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by yasik19, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Yes to both.

2. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matt Cooke, **********. That is all.

3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm trying to figure out who is more annoying, Marcotti when he disagrees with people or Barry Glendenning, who is just misanthropic.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Back from Germany... Great match in Dortmund over the weekend, the one last Wednesday in Munich for Germany-Argentina was meh!

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am assuming the ********** means God?

6. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's freaking hockey. I hate the varying degrees of pussification in the NHL and hypocrisy.

Let's take out headshots but let's not force players to wear face shields or chin guards or for goalies to wear neck guards.

Come on. It's hockey. You know the risks when you play it. It wasn't dirty, it was a legal hit within the rules of the game.

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    AHAHAHAHA! Stuck at work, we're watching our school play, we're going to the Big Dance!CHanged my avatar to celebrate the occasion!

9. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is total bullshit. It was a blindside hit to the head, in which he purposefully keeps his elbow tucked until the last second to disguise his intentions, it was 100% dirty in every sense.

No sport need head shots as being a part of the game. Concussions are a serious problem, headhunting talentless goons like Cooke putting guys out for long stretches of(or all of) the season is not needed. Saying it is freaking hockey is ridiculous and borderline stupid.

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Don't be mad at Cooke then. It was a legal hit, nothing illegal about it by the rules of the game. Cooke is far from a goon as well. The guy is a legit player. Your anger is misplaced. It's currently at Cooke. It should be at the NHL.

I enjoy the speed and crushing hits of hockey. I agree concussions are a far more serious issue than we even now about right now. However hits like Cooke's, the one below and even Mike Richards hit on Booth are legal. Richards I believe only got an Interference penalty.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPmmbylmuHg"]YouTube- Johnny Boychuk Hits Matt Stajan - Bruins at Leafs - Dec 19 09[/ame]

I mean maybe I am an ogre but I like hockey the way it is. I like it's recklessness, speed and violence. I also see the beauty in offensive players showing their game. As it stands now though, they can't always do that. I like it the way it is.

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said it was dirty not illegal, big diffrence, and Cooke is a repeat offender for sure. Hradek and another guy on ESPn broke down his track record, he is certainly a cheap shot type player. I am glad he was not suspended though so Lucic and Stuart and Thornton can all get their shots at him in a week.

The point of the Boychuk replay? Dirty or clean it is certainly illegal as he left his feet. I do laugh at Komisarek "going" for Chara though.

The point of comparing checks from the front and elbows/forearms from the blindside could be argued all day, but head hits of any kind need to go

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Next week's game is going to be great. I believe in letting the players police themselves and I have no doubt Lucic is going to be zoned in on Cookie Monster.

Agreed on headshots but is a headshot a cheapshot? I say no since it's not against the rules.

Can we at least agree that Adrian Beltre is a bloated overpaid crap player?

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  14. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Savard being taken off on a stretcher made me punch my coffee table, Beltre makes me want to hang myself in the bathroom.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Must make it hard to type!

16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wonder what you make of this one Ed. I know how much you despise Pujols but I think this would be a great move plus it would stop the Sox/Yankees getting him in a couple of years.

Feels a bit like a Sun rumour though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4994845

17. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't see the Cards doing this unless contract talks really are that bad. Not that Howard is a bad player by any means, but I think in a straight swap Pujols is the clear better player.

18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There would have to be some blue chippers in there somewhere to make it happen, but like you I don't see it happening. Fun to speculate though.

19. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apropos to nothing, I'm watching my first full NHL game in a while tonight (watched parts of games of course). Literally nothing else on so I'm currently in the 3rd period of Sharks-Ducks. Fun game (though not for Yasik). Not sure what it was like before the olympics but a lot of the players on the ice just look more pumped than last year, like there's an extra spring in their step.

I may be delusional of course :D

20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    That's because the 2 teams hate one another.

21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I only really watch regular season games that are rivalries, so my base reference is watching teams that hate each other.

So the olympics haven't pepped things up at all? Shame.

22. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Let me get this straight...Temple (my alma mater) vs Oakland (yasik's alma mater). It's on, sorry Yasik!

TU by 20 baaaabyyyyyy!

23. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Isn't that Kaz's school? It's Oakland, MI not the bay area Oakland or am I missing the plot here. And aren't Oakland playing Pitt?

:confused:

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I get my nerds mixed up...you're right! :D

Oakland, CA...Oakland, MI...Oakland, PA (where Pitt is located). It's an honest mistake!

25. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Never going to happen but I'd do it in a second.