IC5: Will Eddie do the Numa Numa song for us?

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by yasik19, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he used twitter to tattle-tale on KG and then act tough after the fact? Gotta love athletes today.

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There's this thing called boundaries. I can understand trash talking but what Garnett said was scummy. Also, why is using Twitter any different than saying the same thing to the press?

During yesterday's game, CV was staring straight into his eyes and Garnett wouldn't look at him, acting like his normal idiot/**********cat self, and then he got subbed out of the game.

Garnett's the stereotypical bully. He acts tough but then gets scared when someone will fight back. It's not the first time Garnett's acted like this either bear in mind. I remember him trying to throw a punch at McDyess and then he freaked when McDyess started coming after him. He's a prick.

3. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is said on the court as trash talk stays there, Im sure it wasn't the worse thing ever said in the NBA on the court, but CV was the first player to ever run off and complain to his twitter followers. Sour grapes for losing.

Garnett is great at getting into people's heads, just like a lot of player past and present, a guy acting tough, wanting to fight him in a ring? Is evidence that it worked.

Garnett scared? You maybe biased, but come on, even you don't believe that.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    The parade was insane.

5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There's trash talk and there's crossing the line. What Garnett said was crossing the line. Trying to excuse it as trash talk is pathetic.

Sour grapes for losing? I'm sure he'd have done the same had the Pistons won.

Garnett is a trash talker who gets scared when people square up to him. Always has been.

I have to laugh at this if you don't think Garnett gets scared. He does. He's been like that his entire career. You know how I mentioned his run in with McDyess? The instant McDyess went to confront him Garnett was running away.

What's really insulting though, is you trying to claim I'm being biased. Right. :rolleyes: If Garnett were a Pistons player and said that, I'd be pissed at him. He's 34 and should know better.

It's amazing that some people are defending Garnett, trying to pass it off as "trash talk" and being part of the game. There are some things you don't say, and Garnett crossed the line.

6. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares, athletes say dumb shit all the time(I never defended what he said, btw so maybe calmdown, it's just sports, you're just a spectator)? Like most of the people said, handling by whining on twitter was silly, crossing the line or not, handle it yourself or keep it to yourself.

As for the rest of it, why anyone expects great athletes to be anything but great athletes is beyond me, and at the same time, calling a person scum for a comment they made while trash talking is just as silly. You have no idea if garnett is a saint or a rapist, like most athletes, you've never met him and spent time in his life.

And the logic of Garnett ever fighting someone on court, makes no sense, he attempts to anger players, if they lose control, he's won. Getting ejected and suspended, would defeat the purpose.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. Would it be any different if he said it through the media rather than Twitter? Also, I'm relatively calm thanks. :)

2. It's called common decency. Sheed talked a lot of trash but he had his limits.

3. You know the saying of dishing it out but not being able to take it? That's Garnett. He's pulled off some dirty hits on players but the instant someone calls him out he backs down.

8. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hadn't seen this until I saw y'alls posts. I went to ESPN and have to say that KG's statement on what he claimed he said is one of the funniest things I have read all week.

End of the day, if KG called him that I think it's a low blow but trash talk is meant to get your opponent off balance and it clearly worked. By the same token though I don't think KG can moan if someone dropped the n-bomb on him. And as I think he would complain about it I think his comment was a double standard.

Oh and CV should have just kept it quiet. He looks weak for coming out like he did. In summary, no one wins this one!

PS [​IMG]

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am in Virginia Tech for the weekend. Going to the football game tonight. What a goreous campus...girls are nice too!

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    dont know a great deal about basketball but I have a story which fits in line with the current discussion

I had a friend who was on the training staff for the Seattle Supersonics (insert old man jokes here) and he told me a story about Gary Payton when he played against Mahmoud Abdul Rauf (aka Chris Jackson).

Rauf converted Islam and had quite strong beliefs regarding the religion and he also suffered from Tourettes Syndrome.

Payton allegedly would smack gum and make clicking noises at Rauf to mock his Tourettes and would constantly call him Chris instead of Mahmoud and made several less than polite comments regarding his religion.

Basically I think the point is that trash talk occurs in nearly every professional sport and I think more than polite lines are constantly crossed.

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announcers for the game last night said they were glad twitter didn't exist during Bird and Jordan's days, because we'd have hundreds of these stories about shit they said to guys that was as bad and worse

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Oh, the Glove used to be my favorite player. He and Kemp were my favorite duo at one point.

13. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Grant Hill was mine when he was with the Pistons.

14. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing player before the injuries, triple double machine, scorer, great defender, one of my favorites to watch

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Someone lend KDB some money to renew his BS Subscription. I hate not being able to tell his posts just by avatar.

16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I gotta get that fixed. However I am too damn lazy to get off my arse and get my wallet so you'll have to wait.

I liked the colts throwback uniforms this afternoon but not as much as I enjoyed watching ernie sims crushing them into the ground. Good win for the birds today.

Looking forward to the kitna pick-fest this evening.

17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Without even knowing who's going bowling I don't think Vegas can give enough points to the Big East champs wherever they end up (Fiesta?)

What a shambles of a conference.

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Shut it ass. It's no worse than the ACC.

19. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both conferences are ranked lower than the MWC and WAC right now, just saying

20. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Did I say the ACC was good? I think a 4 loss team in a BCS bowl over superior teams will do as much damage to the BCS as any Boise or tcu noise. In which case, long live the big east (a superior bb conference for what it's worth).

Pitt could yet end up with a big bowl win (they look by far the best of a bad bunch).

21. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    but how deep are those conferences? As poor as the ACC/Big East may be, I dont see the MWC/WAC winning a head to head between all of those teams.

Having one or two good teams doesnt mean much when the rest of your conference is crap. At least that seems to have been argument trotted out by the SEC over the past 10-15 years.

22. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont make the rankings so I dont know, but those two conference have zero top teams between them right now, the depth can't be that much greater.

I just think the gap between "top" conferences, or Automatic qualifiers if you will is really closing.

The SEC and their fans are a bunch of jackasses who hate on any team from a smaller conference, look at the SEC East this season, you don't think TCU or Boise would be killing that division? And this is from a gator fan

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't know. Look at Virginia Tech. Take out that fluke to James Madison (when they were still in hangover from Boise St mode) and they'd be a top 10 team right now.

Hell, even look at the Boise St game. Boise came out like gangbusters and had to hang on just to win. Because of the James Madison game people forget just how close the Boise - VT game was.

The rest of the ACC is crap though.

I don't know. Maybe I don't give Boise and TCU enough credit but put them in the SEC and I think they have at least 2 losses now. I am not an SEC fan but I do love watching teams in that conference. I think they are far and away the best conference and it's not even close.

24. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The SEC East is sending South carolina to the SEC championship, with 3 losses.

Boise is 4-1 against the top 10 since 2000, they can only play the teams that will man up and play them

25. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    an issue with easily resolved with one of two things

- conference alignment with Championship games

- a play off system

or both. Of course that isnt going to happen when two of larger and more powerful conferences dont want to share their toys.