IC5: Will Eddie do the Numa Numa song for us?

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by yasik19, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Get my text? You going to call later? I have a Canterbury question for you...or I supposed I could ask you on here. The itinerary is totally changed. I need an opinion for Monday; Colchester, Canterbury or London still? I am leaning towards staying in London but the prospect of seeing Colchester and they play that night at home is a big draw. I wind if I'll line up for them like I have the last 8 years in FIFA?

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAcer%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;} </style> <![endif]--> Wednesday - Lunch, Chelsea Tour, Fulham v Pompey<o></o>

Thursday - Trafalgar Square, National Gallery, 10 Downing Street, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and Parliament, Cabinet War Rooms<o></o>

Friday – Windsor, Donnington Castle, Dinner with Limey's Parents (WOOHOO, Roast!)<o>

</o> Saturday – Bath<o>

</o> Sunday - Church, Chelsea pre-game, Chelsea v Arsenal, Dinner, Super Bowl Bash<o>

</o> Monday – Stay in London and space out some of our other days, Colchester (Colchester United) or Canterbury<o>

</o> Tuesday - Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace, British Library, British Museum, Victoria and Albert, Watford v Bristol Match or QPR v Ipswich<o>

</o> Wednesday – Saint Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Fashion and Textile Museum, West Ham United v Birmingham<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Personally I'd be ok just spending everyday getting drunk but Catherine's never been to London so I have to play tour guide. Which I can still do drunk but just not as well.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    You're not going to see Warwick or Stonehenge?

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've done Stonehenge, it's cool to see but it's not a must see. Basically you drive down a road for awhile then all of a sudden you come upon it. Then you see it, say, "Wow, it's Stonehenge" and you're done. Without a car, it's too much of a hassle to be honest.

Warwick would be nice but it's not worthy of an entire day like Bath or Canterbury. London itself could take a week!

4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Will call you when I get home laters mate.

Do you want any details on the Rope Factory I went to when I was a kid?

:D

When you go to church, have you a place in mind? If not have you considered St Pauls for a service? Or Westminster Abbey. May as well take advantage of the city.

Monday, I wouldn't try and fit in Colchester and a game. You'll be cream crackered on this trip (a ton of walking) and you'll want a lower key day at some point. Though having said that, I don't see the History and Science museums or Tate Modern on your list. Any interest? Also, my personal favourite, the Imperial War Museum or even the National Army Museum (which is close enough to the Bridge).

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm good on rope factories, thanks.

For service, remember mate, I am Roman Catholic, not Anglican (heathens you all!). There are surprisingly about 5 within 2 miles of Stamford Bridge, including Westminster Cathedral which is probably where we'll end up going before my real church, Stamford Bridge. I am meeting up with several people before the match and then with about an hour before the match heading to the So Bar to show Catherine the scene there.

I have no interest in the Tate Modern, I think most modern art is crap and I can't appreciate it at all. Most, MOST, modern art takes very little talent in my eyes. Now that we're going to be in London on Monday the Imperial War Museum is back on the list and possibly the Natural History Museum.

You have to remember who I am traveling with! If not for her desire to go to Bath I would have spent Saturday morning at the London Sewing Machine Museum (which my lucky stars is only open the first Saturday of each month. Catherine emailed them to see if they'll make an exception...they won't! WHEW! Close one!)

A sewing machine museum HAS to be worse than a rope factory!

I think of everything we're doing, your Mom's roast on Friday is up there with the Chelsea match. I am so excited for that. Any good pubs near your house where I can take Catherine too after your parents are in bed? :D

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    My wife and I did Warwick and Stonehenge on the way to Bath I think. Or on the way to Stratford-upon-Avon, can't remember.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Have fun in England Eddie.

In an amusing bit of stupidity, I decided to play the Silent Hill series over the weekend. At night. Great set of games, just a very easy way to scare the living daylights out of yourself.

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Any reason? I just had another friend do the same. Is there a new one being released or something?

9. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nope. Was cleaning and I found one of the games. Decided to play it later for the heck of it.

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    One hour till we leave for the airport

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Have fun and safe travels...London is a lot of fun. Sadly, I did not go to any matches while I was there - it was summer.

I'm excited as well. Got my BvB-Gladbach tickets today for the 6th of March!!!

12. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Eddie,

Dont know if you will get this in time, but Warwick would definately be worth a day trip if you schedule allows. Great castle there which imo is one of the most underrated ones about. You can pair the trip with a stop in Stratford-upon-Avon, not the coolest place ever but a decent tourist trap which may keep the missus happy. Would certianly put it above Canterbury imo- the Cathedral is great but thats about it.

13. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to be at the Chelsea/Arse game this Sunday....every hour feels like an eternity.

14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lucky. Bastard.

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Yep, that's what I told him.

16. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Even though I don't care for NFL, I saw something that had me laughing.

One of the players from the Saints, had a certain Courtney Roby on their roster. My mind was now in search mode, certain that it read the name from somewhere before. A few hours later, I was on here and it clicked. I read about him on this site and I searched on this board and found this:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16363884&postcount=184

A part of me is wondering if he was looking in the stands for those two. :D

17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Back from London. Freaking great trip, great seats for the Arse match, Fulham match and West Ham matches.

Drogba's goals came right in from of me. I went nuts. Will post comments, pics and videos later.

Courtney Roby story is one of my funniest and favorite. Beside the time I made Brett Butler's kids cry.

18. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Their daddy does not suck :D

Welcome back brother, I'll call you later.

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I took off today because I wanted one more day of relaxation before the reality of my shitty life comes into focus on Monday with work.

Then I came home to 3ft of snow.

I started shoveling at 9:30am....I just got done.

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    thats what you get for not staying for the Cup Tie

plastic.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    You don't have Monday off?

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Whats going on Monday?

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Trust me. It was NOT for lack of trying! US Air was going to let us switch from Thursday to Sunday but my wife has to work on Saturday and she didn't want to fly back by herself on Thursday or Friday without me. Trust me, I tried, begged, pleaded, offered up myself for all sorts of sexual favors...it wasn't happening. Then again, maybe the sexual favors from ME was why she said no!

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What he said.

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea