IC5: Will Eddie do the Numa Numa song for us?

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by yasik19, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Only you would pick up on that! Quintessential English humor.

2. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Home supporters only?

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And the hits just keep on coming!

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Amazing, we go from beating the Celtics to losing to Indiana.

Prince has no business getting his spot back based on name and reputation. Jerebko took that spot and made it his. It wasn't until Jonas came on we looked better. He's definitely the brighter spots for us this season, along with Ben Wallace who just seems to rewind time.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have to find a way to stay in London until February 13th. I have to get to St Mary's for Southampton v Pompey. CRAP!

6. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am getting together with Limey's parents without him. I should get lots of good info to razz him on with my English Pop.

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Eddie v srd... Rivalry is about to be renewed. If he dares...

8. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Whats the record on that rivalry?

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Eddie - A lot
    SRD - A little

He chickened out this time.

10. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    Did he say he was going to play Tekken? :D

btw did you block me on psn?

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't even know who you are.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's Miguel...you know, Miguel Alvarez.

:D

13. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Favre does it again.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How great was it that all year you waited for the ill-advised Favre pass to be intercepted and cost the Vikings a game and it never came...until the NFC Championship game. Most overrated QB ever.

Quick, how many Super Bowls has Favre won? Just one...the same as Eli Manning, Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Jim McMahon and Phil Simms, just one.

Seriously has there ever been a more overrated QB? If the media didn't love Brett he would not have the same reputation.

15. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Was great. Especially when he was getting pummelled in there despite getting extra protection from the refs.

At one point I even wanted the Vikes to win on the proviso that Favre was so banged up he couldn't play and they'd have to go to war with Jackson/Rosenfels - that would have been high comedy.

As it was watching Favre kill another game with bad decisions was hella good. This time I really do hope his last pass attempt was a pick.

Should be a great Superbowl!

BTW, you still eating dinner? It's been 4 hours but doesn't mean you;re not still eating :D

16. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry. Got home from dinner and decided to plan out the trip. Take a look, too ambitious?

Wednesday - Lunch, Chelsea Tour, Pints and Pints then Fulham v Pompey

Thursday - Westminster Abbey, Pall Mall, Trafalgar Square, National Gallery, Big Ben and Parliament, Cabinet War Rooms

Friday - Windsor and Dinner with Tingey's

Saturday - Oxford / Dave's Parents?

Sunday - Church at Westminster RC Church, Chelsea pre-game, Chelsea match, Dinner, Super Bash at O2

Monday - Saint Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Fashion and Textile Museum, Dennis Sever House in evening

Tuesday - Buckingham Palace, Imperial War Museum, Fashion Enter, Fulham v Burnley

Wednesday - British Museum, Victoria and Albert, Fullers Tour, London College of Fashion, West Ham v Birmingham

I have to email your Mom tomorrow. I think Friday or Saturday might work better than Monday. Oxford is still a TBD. If our plans now are too ambitious then Saturday will be a London day (and I'll work on talking Catherine into either the Spurs match or Millwall match). The Crystal Palace v Wolves FA Cup reply in on Tuesday instead of Wednesday now or else I would have made that match too.

If we take a train to Windsor, can we then get a train to Newbury where your parents can meet us? I don't want to have them drive to Windsor. Also can you believe they've NEVER met Catherine? Catherine and I were talking about it at dinner. All those years we lived together and they never met her.

17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Windsor to Newbury is a crappy service - you basically have to change twice I think with all legs being infrequent. Check out http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/

Sounds like a pretty full itinerary - should be good!

BTW, the current front runner for the wedding next year has a little bar in the lower level (it's a renovated mansion/house near my house). We're already having a Chelsea theme (blue is the main colour with yellow/white trim, the tables will be named the Dixon table, Zola table etc) and I just talked Becky into pint glass favours and putting up flags and scarves in the bar. I want to put some Chelsea DVD's on a loop in there too for background. I can see myself spending most of the wedding in there :D

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do I have too many things planned for any days you think?

I'll have a word with your Mom. If we go out to Windsor on Saturday, how far is it to Stonehenge? Maybe we'll just stay at your parents Friday night and Saturday go to Stonehenge and then train home. I don't want to put your parents out at all. If I remember right, Stonehenge is a pain in the ass to get to right?

Is Oxford worth going to?

Your wedding going to rule. Can we get blue tuxes too?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Vikings fans know what i went through the year the Broncos made it to the AFC Championship game with Plummer. All year long I kept going, when are we going to see bad Plummer? I knew no matter how good he had been that year, he wasn't going 3 post-season games without one clunker. Same with Favre, I knew he had it in him. The great thing was he didn't even need to make a play. It was a long FG but doable for Longwell, and he makes the worst possible across the body and across the field throw. That is probably the worst option a QB can take. Not sure why they were even throwing in that position. Just run up the middle.

Have to say, that I have a soft spot for the Vikings, but it was overruled this season by my dislike for Favre. Saints-Colts should be a great game.

BTW, anyone see that 5 seconds later hit on Sanchez? Tom Brady gets calls when he gets looked at the wrong way and Sanchez takes one on his blindside after the RB has crossed the line of scrimmage and the refs completely miss it.

20. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The ties and waistcoats will most likely be blue yes :)

Standard black tuxes though. I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

21. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
    It's PCAimar on PSN. The one that thrased you with Sunderland and you being your beloved West Ham.

exactly :D

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd suggest the black away kit if I were you guys. ;)

23. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why do they make it so easy for me? Have to love the Welsh :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/8484116.stm

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Only an Eagles fan can appreciate this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgpHSoXA3M"]YouTube- Ode to Donovan McNabb![/ame]

25. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Duly appreciated :D

I love that you have the lowest interception per pass attempt ratio of all time

I love it that John Madden said that it was because you throw the ball so badly not even the defense can catch it.