IC 3: One Scolari down, one more to go!

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've seen enough of those puns on shirts today in Detroit.

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Red Wings founded: 1926
    Penguins founded: 1967

+51 year difference played in a league of just 6 teams.

You have just 5 of those 11 Cups wins since the Pens were even founded including a 42 year gap from 1955 to 1997.

Karma is a bitch and Hossa learned it tonight. Most people here don't care that he left, that was his right. It was because when he left he threw the Pens under the bus. Eat shit Hossa and Detroit. Hey at least the Tigers beat the Pirates tonight.

3. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gooooo not detroit!!!!!

:D

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Original Six team, Gordie Howe, Sid Abel, Alex Delvecchio, Terry Sawchuck, Steve Yzerman, and many others have made their names and have had great careers here. We were the first team to have a European captain win the Cup. The coach award is named after Jack Adams who spent 20 years with Detroit as a coach and several years as a general manager. Even when we were shit for decades we were still the most successful American team in the NHL and the third most successful team in the NHL. That's history.

We're the American team to go to and we always will be because of who we are. Pittsburgh is nothing more than an expansion team who was always likely to relocate until recently.

5. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sadly the Cowboys and Yankees are also considered the American team to go to in their sports and I f*****g hate them.

Not sure you want to be in that axis of evil mate :p

It was a shame the crowd had to boo last night (other than Lemiuex) - Wings fans really went down in my book after that, Imagine if a Pens fan went to stand outside a GM dealership and cheer......

6. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude it's not the 90's anymore.
    Steelers and Red Sox are now 'America's teams'.

After the ugly trip to enemy territory, it was nice seeing us win on a walk-off against the Mets.

And congrats to Eddie!

7. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who cares about Gordie Howe or sid Abel, you weren't around to watch them play. I hate people who live in the past, that they weren't present for. If you weren't present for championships won and great players of yesteryear STFU about it.

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tu quoque on your part.

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    puts popcorn in microwave...

10. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bored?

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    nah just interested to see where this is going

been a little quiet on the boards lately, even Kirsten is behaving these days... :p

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This will most likely end up at an impasse with these sort of things.

Really wish I didn't drink that much last night.

13. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    That's why I told you to drink more Kaz, so you'd still be asleep and not even have the option to regret.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    come on Kaz, you have plenty of reasons to be happy. your team is one of the most successful ones in history of hockey. Beats being a Sharks fan.

You should all hate Eddie. Not only his Phillies won, but now Penguins too. Hate the guy.

:D

15. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's somehow not as obnoxious as when Boston won everything.

16. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Eddie is a big phony. I still don't know if he likes Philly sports or Pittsburgh sports.

17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Part of my wedding:

I give up Flyers (who I always hated anyone) and pick up Pens.

Wife relinquishes all rights to the Steelers and becomes an Eagles fan.

The Pens are the only non-Philly team I root for. TBH, I am about 60/40 now with the Phillies and Pirates. My Dad says I am only two years away from trying to dig up and have sex with Honus Wagner's rigomortic corpse.

In fact, I am off to PNC Park now. Word around the stadium this morning when I was working as that the Pirates are working on getting Crosby or Malkin to throw out the first pitch tonight against the DETROIT Tigers; with Lord Stanley sitting on the pitchers mound.

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This self-righteous attitude is exactly why I hate every Original 6 team with a passion unrivaled by anyone except the Cowboys and Mets.

You really sound like a sour grape Liverpool supporter. I thought more of you than this.

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What about the first 30 years of my life?

20. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
  21. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never used that terminology for the Burins, though I know so many who do, it's such an elitist term and is bogus to begin with anyways.

22. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Serious? Reread it. If anything I think it goes along with everything I said about it. It was a great trade for the Pirates.

Read the last sentence, "Hernandez, Locke and Morton join a growing stable of young trade acquisitions who, in conjunction with the organization's own domestic and international scouting efforts, figure to form the core of future Pirates clubs."

McLouth had to go because he's not young, he was worth most on the market and his price is at it's highest. McCutchen was CLEARLY ready to come up. It was getting to the point where keeping him in AAA would starting hindering his development. Someone had to go and the factors above meant it had to be Nate.

The trade does fail to mention that if you take out April-May 2008 out of his stats, McLouth is a very average player at best. Look it up, I can't be bothered to do it again.

24. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's on pace for 30-30 and an 800 OPS that's not bad, especially for the Pirates, and for such little money.

Every prospect seems to have some major flaw or hitch in their development.

25. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes he's a good player for the Pirates...but put him on any other team and he's simply a complimentary part. That's my point. He's not a star, not a gold glove caliber player and not someone to build your team around. The Pirates do not have the luxury of keeping such a player just because the fans want them too. Since you seem to read BA as well, take a look at their top 10 prospects from last year to this year. There's about 8 new faces on that list and one returning guys is already in the majors with this trade (McCutchen). An .800 OPS puts him in that second tier of OF's but you have to remember that he's an average (at best) defender and is not the power threat he's perceived to be. He had something like 27 HR's last year and hit 13 of them in April and May. He's a nice, complimentary player but not a star by any means. In fact I think he relates really well to my favorite Phillie, Shane Victorino. Good player but not a star by any means.