IC 2: Barack Obama broke my hand.

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben7021

Ben7021 Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Orlando
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Firing Shanahan will only be a good move if they get someone good to replace him. I've never understood firing coaches without knowing who you can get to replace them. Cowher is obviously the best candidate but I'm not crossing my fingers.

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What a gutless performance by the Pens last night. Shocking.

3. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man-crush engage:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YbekrYVfyA"]YouTube - Milan Lucic fights Tim Wallace[/ame]

4. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    At least the kid from Pittsburgh gave it a go, but Lucic is just a monster. It's refereshing to see a fight that isn't jersey grabbing turned to hugging and then they fall on the ice.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Buffalo's goon does that. He's the worst player in the league.

6. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Peters hasn't been in a good fight in years. Not sure why we waste a roster spot on him, he doesn't even goon it up or get the other team mad either. He's basically worthless.

7. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucic is a monster but he picks his spotS, because he is playing mostly on Savard's line. He only has 6 fighting majors and has won them all. It was great to see Laraque chasing him around all night in the last Montreal game. Just no reason to swap a top line player for a useless goon for 5 minutes except in a blowout or in defense of a teammate.

The strength of the bruins has been depth, team play, toughness and versatility. No one mentions it but we have lost Sturm and Bergeron for long streches(2 top 6 forwards), played 3 rookies in defense at the same time(Aaron Ward and Ference to of our top 4 defensemen have been out forever) and use PJ axelsson a woeful offensive player on the powerplay, and none of it has mattered. I think the emergence of Kessel, Krejci, Wheeler, Lucic, and Hunwick at the same time is something I just cannot remember happening.

The Bruins have the top 4 players in +/- in the NHL, and 2 goalies I'd be comfortable winning the #1 job outright

8. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, the Bruins and Sharks are showing you need the skill players but that grinders with talent still play a huge role in the league. The Sabres are too soft, hence their inconsistent play. The defense is all Euros and I hate to agree with Don Cherry but they are soft as hell. We traded one of our only power forwards in Steve Bernier away after half a season and teams just push us around in both ends of the rink. The Bruins have a lot of good young players, the Thornton trade worked out for both teams in the end. Phil Kessel is a great story and an amazing player.

9. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we got little out of that deal besides cap space, but in the end, getting a new competent GM to use the space properly worked out well, and Id certainly would rather have Savard and/or Chara than Thornton

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Couldn't disagree more on the last point. There is no other player that can do what Thornton does. It was a big loss, admit it. I don't think there is a single team that would not take Thornton in a heartbeat.

11. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ummm, just dont see it really, this season:

Savard- 12+34=46 pts
    Thornton- 9+33=42 pts

In the 3 seasons with the Bruins Savard is putting up 1.1 ppg Thornton 1.2, whatis the huge loss? Especially considering how lousy of a captain Joe was for us(the Chara point I was trying to make), Im guessing Thronton is making max money too, Savard is not.

If the Bruins were still lead by Thornton and not Chara and Savard we wouldn't be the best team in the east.

EditL: btw, USA -Canada world Juniors on now on NHL network

12. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Gretings from the year 2009 for tohse on the We st caost! happy ********ing new year!

13. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone had a bit too much to drink at their New Year's Eve party. ;)

14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lovely and do I mean lovely goal from Datsyuk.

15. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Typical Blackhawks imploding like that. Should be a good 3rd period, mixed in with the bowl games. I wish Kane would come back to Buffalo sometime.

16. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Two in 16 for the Wings!

17. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Detroit six Chicago four. Loved the way we came back. Datsyuk's goal was amazing.

18. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    USC are rompin stompin all over Penn State LMAO. Even Notre Dame put up a better showing out there minus Michael Floyd.

19. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sabres beat the Bruins 4-2 in Beantown:)

Great catch by Larry Fitz on a flea-flicker to put the Cardinals up 7-0. Who would have guessed it's be Falcons/Cards in the play-offs? Bolts/Colts tonight is going to be sick.

20. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missed it, shit

21. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is why the NFL is so overrated in general and they have the worst overtime system of any sporting organization in the world. First off, the worst crew in the league gets the Colts/Chargers game somehow. Penalty after penalty and a few breaks for the Chargers on one drive and now Sproles has run it in for the win. One of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history didn't even get to see the field because of a COIN TOSS. LOL what at a joke, I must wonder when they are going to finally look at this archaic system and their archaic referees.

I'm saying all this and I didn't even care who won the game. Imagine how pissed Colts fans are, and such a terrible way to end Tony Dungy's career.

22. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would you suggest as an alternative system? The Colts defense should have been able to stop the Chargers if they really deserved to win imo.

23. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The college system but start from midfield. Easy.

btw, the Colts defense did stop them but the drive was extended by a very ticky-tack holding penalty on third down. And if Matt Ryan was in the grasp (and completed a pass still ffs!) earlier for a safety then surely Rivers can't flip the ball to the ground and be lucky enough to get it near Hester and get away with it.

24. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excuse my ignorance but what's the college system again?

And penalties are part of the game that you have to accept. That's probably one of the main reasons why I'm not a hardcore NFL fan, though, tbh.

25. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The penalties were right on, as was the non call on that grounding, simply he did what was in the rules and through it at Hester's feet. I dislike both these teams, and the OT system a lot, but it is what it is. The colts didn't do enough to win.