I wonder when man utd will next win the league.

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Flash2, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    50 years......60 years....70 years.

2. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably well before you grow up.

3. robby241

robby241 New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    US
    dont be a fool. youll only embaress yourself.

4. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    What??? Isnt this a forum where you ask questions which usually are answered and not have people telling you to grow up.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    no

6. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    Why did you even feel the need to post that.

7. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Welcome to Big Soccer Now piss of and come back when you have something to contribute. If you are gonna knock a squad at least let us know who you support!!

8. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    Accrington stanley 4 life

9. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Probably next year or the year after, to be honest.

10. MANUTDGAL

MANUTDGAL New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Framingham, Mass.
    We might have won this year if we had a decent
    keeper. Chelsea is not that much better than
    we are...:p

We will be the club to beat next year for sure...:D

11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Well seeing as how their fanbase comprises of 16 people; the mothers of their first team, apart from ther leftwinger's - she's pure Grimsby; the owner's son (but not the owner); Jack who works down at the local; Mrs. Smith's cat; two sheep in central Africa and the northwest traffic light in Trafalgar square... I must conclude that, you are a sockpuppet. Now go get a fist shoved up your arse, like any constructive sockpuppet would.

12. mis-e-one

mis-e-one New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Bedfordshire

60 years?!

I doubt it. Manchester United are the biggest football club in the United Kingdom. They are also the richest. A club of such size and wealth should always be challenging.

Take note that in contemporary football, it's going to be the clubs with the greatest wealth that possess the best chance of winning things.

13. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I would say it simply depends on how Chelsea do in coming seasons.
    If we slip up, they'll take the title.
    If we don't, they'll be runners up.

Simple as [/Mel]

14. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    to play devil's advocate here...

who's to say how well Man Utd will do after Fergie leaves? he's been a huge part of the setup for so long, they may not recover...

15. scsurge22

scsurge22 New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Austin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Manchester United will be fine without him..even though that day doesnt even seem to be on the horizon now as hes expressed interest to stay around even longer.

16. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not all down to the keeper. Admittedly they've made mistakes. But, and I'm stating this without really looking it up, they apper to have dropped more points due to not scoring than being scored upon, and I'm including results that have resulted in 1-1 draws as well. With United's front line one would expect them to win givein up only one goal.

17. blackpool fc mark

blackpool fc mark New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    Good question, im not to sure myself to be honest when or if they will win the league next. I look at there squad and there is just something missing, i think there trouble is at the moment theres too many run-of-the-mill players in the squad which arent the same calibre of players they have been used to. Fletcher for instance, so average, not Man U quality, Smith isnt anything to special either, no keeper worth shouting about. Plus Keane and Giggs are getting on a bit, but anyway, to answer the question, i reckon Man Utd wont win it for 3-5 years, i think it will change between Chelsea and Arsenal over next couple of seasons, that should be enough time Man U to get rid of the dead wood.

18. CowbellFever

CowbellFever New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    DC
    What would people be saying in 1990, the last time Liverpool won? They were the biggest club in the land then. It's been 15 years without a championship, and based on the current status of Liverpool and English football, it could easily be another 15 years.

19. JustMandyJo

JustMandyJo New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Englewood, CO

Yeah, all I've heard all year is "it's the keeper, it's the keeper".....whatever ......I mean, last time I checked, a TEAM is made up of more than just a keeper...convenient excuse......
    I agree with you, It's not being scored upon that's our problem, it's not scoring that's the issue......

MandyJo

20. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Reeeped.

21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ManU are 10 behind Chelsea in goals, 7 behind in goals allowed. But given the numbers, it'll be easier for ManU to add 10 goals than subtract 7.

But compared to Arsenal, ManU is 20 behind in goals, and 15 ahead in goals allowed. Or compare them to 'Pool: ManU is 5 better in goals scored, 14 better in goals conceded. So, yeah, it's the attack that's probably more of a problem than the defense.

To put it another way...do you really think a better keeper could bet ManU from 17 goals conceded down to Cheslea's 10? That 40% of ManU's GAs are down to keeping?

22. blackpool fc mark

blackpool fc mark New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    What is it with Tim Howard, and all the american posters who will blindly defend him no matter what. Its players like him that will stop Man U reclaiming the title anytime soon. Ok he isnt a bad player and he isnt the root of all Man Utds problems, but when you look at all the top clubs in europe and see goalies like Cech, Dida, Casillas, Kahn they are quality, tried and tested, Howard just isnt in there league, no where near. These are the clubs Man Utd are trying to compete with and they have two goalies that are just not good enough. And anyone who says a team isnt just made up of a keeper, well thats true, but you could have the best 10 outfield players in the world but if your keeper isnt up to it you are going to lose more games than you win.

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Do you really believe this, or do you actually know something about the sport?

FACT: ManU's key problem is the attack, not the defense. ERGO, it is extremely unlikely that their #1 priority should be to replace the keeper. Really, the #1 priority should be to do something about the midfield that was so badly outplayed by AC Milan. They're good enough to overwhelm the Middlesboroughs and Newcastle's of the world, but AC badly exposed their midfield as of insufficient quality to advance in the Champions League.

Just because your anecdotal memory of keeper mistakes leads you to bad conclusions doesn't mean that those of us who seek objectivity are going to make the same mistake.

With Rio all season next year, and if ManU can upgrade at Keane's position, their defense will be plenty good enough even to compete with Chelsea. They just need to upgrade their offense or pray for RVN's health.

24. robby241

robby241 New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    US

wouldnt you do the same for a player who was once lauded by the media and then bashed constantly that was one of the boys you root for in international matches? while i can certainly undestand a lack of tolerance for poor play (here in detroit our ice hockey goalies are heavily scrutinized), we still support our boy. some foolishly so and others with some semblance of an understanding. and lets not forget he was keeper of the year. he can repeat that form again.

25. JustMandyJo

JustMandyJo New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Englewood, CO

.....praying, praying, praying...........

MandyJo