I will be goign the new Wembley for the first time!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!

Discussion in 'England' started by jcsd, Sep 11, 2007.

1. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    I'm off to bed in a minute to kick my little legs up in the air under the duvet.

2. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Let us know your reactions to the new Wembers experience.

I registered with the England Supporters Club maybe a year before the last men's World Cup and never heard a dickey bird from them until out of the blue they emailed me recently and asked if I wanted tickets to the England v Russia qualifier on Sept 12 [tomorrow as I write].

I asked them what time the game was, they emailed me back: "what time can you make it?" [kidding about this bit of course].

What happened? From ignoring everybody, they're now begging (by their standards) people to come and see England?

I know it's "only" a Euro qualifier instead of the World Cup finals but I have to say I was surprised that so soon after the brand new Wembley stadium was built and opened they seem to be struggling to sell all the tickets. Of course now that the match has become a do-or-die for the 3 Lions I expect there has been a surge in sales.

I was going to mail 'em back and say I'll go if you send me the plane fare and find someone to run all my errands while I'm away.

By the way anyone who missed England vs Japan [Women's World Cup] today one hellova riveting game, far more compelling than most of the men's national games of either England or the US this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

3. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    I think at the moment it isn't that difficult to get England tickets. Whilst the new Wembley was being built and they were playing in smaller stadiums. Plus it's a midweek game, so it's difficult for people who have to travel into London, it's not easy.

Should be good - I'll be leaving in about an hour.

4. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    It was a brilliant game, the new Wembley is a sight to behold. It's fantastic stadium well worth a visit. Being used to the Madjeski it was stunning how big it is when I first walked out into it.