I was offered Adriano and said no!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by astar24, Aug 30, 2007.

1. astar24

astar24 New Member

Jun 27, 2002
  2. thedude83

thedude83 Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Kansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I heard it was Flamini, I'll try to find the link in a minute. Personally i would of done the deal because I think we have more than enough options in the midfield and outside back that are better than Flamini. But, Wenger is the man and I'll trust his judgement.

3. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Ultimately I think Wenger was right to turn this down, though we desperately need another attacking player, and while it's Arsenal's way to surprise, I am somewhat perturbed by the lack of movement (though I've heard rumors of an £8m offer for Obafemi Martins, which may get it done).

Adriano is really bloody talented, but has some substance issues. He's a big party boy and literally the last place you want someone who spends too much time hanging out in the clubs of Milan is London. Internazionale have been more than accommodating to Adriano and they're at the end of their tether now - Jermaine Pennant got shitcanned for far less.

He'd be a very good bet for a club in a boring area with a taskmasker (Sunderland) but he'll probably end up at West Ham, since they're the ones running the Premiership's local lunatic asylum.

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Hmm, we had a fat Brazilian "goal machine" last year. What was his name again? :rolleyes:

Oh yes, the guy who was outscored by a defensive midfielder. Hmm.

5. Dynamo and ArsenalFC

Aug 5, 2006
    Beaumont
    Yes, iirc he also missed 4 pk's

6. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rumor I read from a couple of sites was that they wanted Rosicky.

No thank you.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yep its either rosicky or bendy

and i wouldnt swap either for that over rated, alchoholic chainsmoking brazilian

1 good season is all hes had