I was all for the Chivas expansion, but now...

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Roehl Sybing, Oct 16, 2003.

1. JCUnited

JCUnited Member

Oct 7, 2002
    South Bend, IN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How would you know what my point is, if what I post is not my point?

Actually, all that MLS "actually" has said is that Chivas owner might become an I/O in our league. Everything else is just rumor. How can you deny a rumor with substance and dialogue when a rumor has no substance? My point is that one person said MLS will allow Chivas special treatment that other clubs do not get. That one person has been denied by his boss (the actual potential I/O), by MLS, and by different sources that have talked to leading MLS people. So why do people continue to start thread after thread about what one guy said and ignore all others? Because there is more substance and dialogue to this one guy then to MLS, the I/O, and the reporters? Makes sense to me.

Excuse me, I have to go start a new thread every day this week about how DC United made the wrong choice in new head coach even though Ray Hudson isn't gone yet. I did see a rumor about a new guy coming in on the thread about Ray possibly leaving after the season is over.

2. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get real.
    Because you babble more about the other points. Your main point, clear as day, is that it is pointless to talk about something that is only rumor and IYO lacks substance and is only an unconfirmed rumor.
    this is the only place you distinctively mention the subject of thread overabundance in your whole post:
    (at the very end) So don't insult me and pretend like that was the main point. It was secondary at best.

I agree that there are too many threads about this subject, but there are many many articles, many issues with this Chivas issue, and many angles that this could be taken from. Not everyone likes to have it in the same threads like we do and the moderators don't care to do that either here on BS, and some of the moderators don't actually mod the forums they're listed under (like this one) :rolleyes: Guess you have to tolerate it or go elsewhere.

3. JCUnited

JCUnited Member

Oct 7, 2002
    South Bend, IN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ever hear of saving the best point for last? Posting is not a term paper, where you go from strongest point to weakest.

If you wish, I could number my points from now on so that you can actually know what the main point is, and what the secondary points are.

#1 Main Point for This Post: Our debate is now as pointless as the thread, because it is so far off topic. That's okay here, because the topic has been overdone. Hopefully we can all now move on to something more worthy of discussion at this time, returning here only if MLS does make an announcement next month confirming Roehl's worst fear.

#2 Secondary Point for This Post: Unless you know me personally, do not attempt to claim to know why I'm posting such and such a thought and/or opinion. It's like trying to guess what MLS will do, when in fact they've already stated they won't do it.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    so, have you learned a new thing or two about the new investor in MLS franchise for sandiego?

5. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like what?

6. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was all for Chivas expansion until I learned that Vergara doesn't wear socks. That's just ridiculous. This is MLS, not Miami Vice. This is a league that was designed to develop the sock-wearing soccer investor. That's the main reason this league exists. Where do you think sock-wearing soccer investors would be in this country if every team in MLS had investors without socks!?! It's fine if Vergara doesn't want to wear socks in Mexico. They have their own sock-wearing traditions. We have ours. Now, I'm not against going sockless, mind you - I just don't want it in our league. And what if other sockless investors decide they want to come into MLS!?! Have you thought about that? Well, have you? If he wants to invest in MLS, then fine, so long as he observes all our sock-wearing traditions. This league will lose all credibility if all the other investors wear socks but there are exceptions for one investor who doesn't. How can we convince people that soccer is really ok after all if one of the investors doesn't wear socks? And what about when SportsCenter makes jokes about sockless investors? Oh, the horror!! If MLS accepts this, many of us will give up on this league. We'll just watch the EPL, where they always wear socks.

7. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, that was sarcasm at it's worst :)

8. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. Thank you very much. You've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to tip the waitstaff. :D

9. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    FYP, or at least part of it.

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Like facts!

even the sock wearing owner is a nice tid bit, keep reading and educate the masses.

BTW: you could ask v. styles for more History of the club that is investing in MLS futbol.