I want this

Discussion in 'Colorado Supporters Clubs' started by Own Goal Hat-Trick, Mar 31, 2008.

1. pablocolomban

pablocolomban New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Denver
    kids get to hear a lot more cursing on TV and at school with their friends. Its the job of the parent to teach the kid right and wrong, not the general public at a soccer match. It's a known thing that George Carlin curses... so I wouldn't bring my kid to one of his shows. If you don't want to be subjected to it, stay home and watch on tv. As far as I'm concerned, if a "soccer mom" is offended at a game and never comes back, good riddance.

2. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried asking them about a sign. They keep blowing me off. I think this would help, I also like the GA section idea a lot. Only cause we will get the cheap rowdies in there as well....

3. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA

Of course! what's new!? this FO is all about selling the better tix. They would rather have 1 soccer mom in the top tier tix than 2 REAL supporters!!! They make us think they give a $hit about the sup. groups when they really don't (well, maybe a select few in the FO do, but they don't pack enough punch 2 make a decision like that)

Money-wise, they would proly lose $ by making 114/100 a GA section, since nobody would like to sit there unless you want that atmosphere...

2 bad for the FO we don't get to play LAG every home game huh!? :rolleyes:

4. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I know what you mean...
    So here I go on a little rant

[rant]

So when I go to a soccer match I want a true atmosphere. One with the loud obnoxious supporters, who really like... well... to be loud. I have went to nearly every single SSS here in the MLS. I have been to a few games where teams don't play in a SSS. That to me isn't the issue. To me the issue lies with the league, and organization.

This team for sooooo many years never cared, and still to ME they don't. Sure I know I kinda need to respect those other "fans" around me. Thats cool they wanted to come to a soccer match. GREAT.... MOTHER F*CKN great.... But when you (you = soccer fan or person who comes to a game with no intent on caring for the club) come into the game, and sit by the supporters and READ a ********ING BOOK, please don't go and complain. Or when a pregnant lady comes and sits behind you, and you OFFER you tickets which ARE much better than hers, and warns her that smoke could possibly be in the section and she says she don't care. But then still goes and crys to security, then YES I do give a F*CK. When are people going to be aware of this type of enviroment.

This is where the league comes into play. If they want this game to grow IMO they need to market to the fans who will be willing to pay game in and game out. Buy a season ticket when their team continues to fail you. Market to REAL fans, and not the once a year type dippin dots families. Sure there great to sell merchandise and a few tickets for their local soccer club. But will they be there after the team losses 10 games..... Prolly not...

All I am saying is give it a try, it maybe can work....

Look at DC, they market to the S. American fans, and fans who know what soccer is. Rather than grab the families in the suburbs of virgina or something....

[/rant]

5. outforkicks

outforkicks New Member

May 20, 2005
    Denver,Co
    Well game #1 last Sat. was an obvious sell out crowd and we all knew it would be.....We were prepared for the complainers........

And actually it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

But starting with game #3 ,once the NCC, C-Firm, M.E.M. and others are in full swing...believe you me....it IS general admission style seating in #100 and #101 is the free ticketed section who will have NO room to complain. So Hoist the Jolly Roger and let the fun begin.

N.C.C.

6. meanderingjeeper

May 27, 2003
    At my house
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    who are the M.E.M. ?
    Did the N.C.C. split already?

;)

7. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    HA! freaking funny!!! :D

8. wilyZ

wilyZ Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While not necessarily in those words, a disclaimer would be helpful to soccer moms when buying tickets, although I doubt so many will come again until some other foreign superstar visits DSGP