I think Kroldrup is better than Weir!

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Terim is a legend, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    I think Kroldrup is better than Weir! Why do you persist in playing Weir, who is pretty old and crap, when you have a Danish international on the bench, who is about 26, and who came from udinese last yuears 4th placed team in Serie A? Why? I just do not see the logic. It makes me so frustrated, Grr! :mad:

2. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    thanks for pointing out the obvious. however, weir is the captain and had some good consistent performances last year, which is why moyes is hesistant to switch him out. kroldrup will get his chance when yobo goes with nigeria to the african nations cup, which will be for like an entire month.

3. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Koldrup is just coming back from a fairly long time out with injury. It takes time for a defender to get back to full fitness and strength. Moyes is no idiot, he will know there is a problem with his defence. Koldrup will get his chance soon, probably in the next couple of games.

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  5. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Today just wasn't his day...sometimes unlucky, sometimes just not fast enough. :(

Right now I still have more trust in Weir.

6. Terim is a legend

Nov 4, 2005
    UK
    Did Kroldrup play today? If so, how did he do?

7. ChelseaSmile

ChelseaSmile New Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Birmingham
    Like it was his debut. Hell be a good one though when he gets some games under him though.

8. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    The loss wasn't Koldrup's fault. He shares the blame with Yobo and Hibbert. They were awful.

9. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    I agree. We also had no presence on the left side of midfield; they raped us all game along that side. We gave the ball away far too much in the middle, as well; something we have been doing a lot of lately.

It's frustrating; the midfield has decent stretches, and then a bad final cross, or a weak pass, and the other team has a quick break. We have no one in the middle breaking up those attacks. Our transistion game is lousy.

Frankly, I thought Kroldrup had a couple of decent stops. Yeah, he still clearly needs to adjust to the pace and strength, but I thought he showed reasonably well for his first ever Prem start. No one else on the team has that as an excuse, and he was no worse than any of them.

10. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Big_Bad_Mcnabb New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    TBH the defense is gonna struggle when our midfielders go missing. The Villa midfielders didnt have to do much to get to our back 4. Thst gonna put a huge strain on our defense. Kroldrup will come good with Yobo, Weir is still getting the nod for his loyalty and the fact although he has absolutly no pace gives everything he has.