I still don't get it

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by goonsquad, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

If they didn't go up in price every year and I was told Id definatly get as good a seat as I have now, then fine. Until then Im gonna complain!!!! Bloody rip offs!! (Obviously that makes me a mug, I do realise as I'll always renew them...)

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I already answered that... well, i explained what I thought, i did not say it was fair, but its certainly not done on purpose its just an inconsistency in the rules.

oh, Paddy might not be considered a diver, but he's taken a plunge before.. its something that stands out because he's so big.

3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me ask you this.....you seem to be implying that Patrick's dive against Pool was very bad because he's the captain and it says something about his character and sets the tone for the team, etc., etc. I can understand this view point.....even if I don't agree with it entirely.

My question, however, is about RvN. You say that he's not a cheater in your view....that he may go down sometimes but it's not habitual. Did you see the friendly last year between the Dutch and the U.S.? Do you remember during that match when the Dutch had a corner kick and Ruud jumped for the header and blatantly punched the ball into the back of the net? Do you remember that he was booked for this conduct.....in a FRIENDLY?

Do you understand how someone seeing that play might think...."wow, this dude is a cheater?" Would that be unfair? I'm not for one second claiming that Arsenal players are above shenanigans but rather am positing the theory...or one example toward the theory of why someone could legitimately see RvN as a cheater.

4. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    [​IMG]

just thought id add this

5. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does anyone know exactly why Vieira has to miss the Chelsea game?

6. Fun with Acid

Fun with Acid New Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Lake Kinkaid
    my man at the bar said PV4 waved off the call as soon as he went down. he thought he was going to get wacked, went down, but when no contact was made he waved it off to the ref. if you all have it on tape you might see it. I hope so at least.

On topic........ I would like to see the rule about bans also. There must be some reason for it.

7. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i asked this 2 days ago and the answer i got was the ban kicks in after 7 days
    ...i think its 7 days not immmediately coz its from 5 yellows not a red or a charge

8. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Vieira is going to miss the Chelsea match, as a ban for 5 yellow cards starts after 7 days of recieving the 5th card. Unfortunately due to being on Sky for last weekends game against Liverpool our match was rescheduled to a Sunday, our next fixture against Birmingham is only 6 days after the event. Which means the ban will take place after that game, the next domestic game after that is......................Chelsea at home. :(

9. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    That's how I saw it as well but others have vehmently disagreed.

10. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence

"I’d waited long enough. I f***ing hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that, you c***. And don’t ever stand over me again sneering about fake injuries. And tell your pal [David] Weatherall there’s some for him as well. I didn’t wait for Mr Elleray [the referee] to show the card. I turned and walked to the dressing room."

11. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, it only took three pages to answer one simple question. Thats BigSoccer efficiency for you. Thank you for the explanation.

12. VP what a player

VP what a player New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Maybe this explains why the rest of the Manu team have been kicking anything that moves ever since.

13. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    So the FA ultimatly can control when it starts, as they can move games till their hearts content? Or was it not them who changed it?

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Bullsh!t... he did not look like he was waiving it off at all... he looked like he was trying to tell the ref he did not dive...

as for the handball in a FRIENDLY... i saw much of the match but I have to pull a wenger... I didn't see it... no seriously, I did not see it, but if i can i will try to find some stories on it... and although it was a friendly, depending on how obvious it was i could see how some would call him a cheater i mean... if he hit it like a volley ball i could just see it being a joke or out of frustration, but if it was subtle then sure, that's really disgusting.

15. bergkamp10

bergkamp10 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    I am sure that it what poor Alfie Haaland felt as he spun through the air after Keane tried to kill him.

16. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Rick, I'll make you a deal, I'll get my broke-ass over to England and take the tickets off your hands, and you can come here and get an education. What do you think?

17. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if he was subtle with the handball, it's cheating but if he was blatant about it...it was a joke or just "frustration"? Next question....does "frustration" excuse cheating in your opinion?

That's interesting that you didn't see it. It actually was blatant....all the U.S. players raised their hands for it, no goal was given (as the ball did go into the net) and Ruud was booked. I emphasized the word "friendly" by the way because one would think that a player would have even less of a reason for chicanery in a match that counted for nothing.

18. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Ruud's handball was really bizarre. To do that in a friendly..........odd. If I really respected him I'd have been surprised.

19. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Once again, nicephoras says what we're all thinking.

I actually thought the photo of him LAUNCHING HIMSELF at Euro 2004 was more in line with the brand of chicanery we've come to expect from RvN. The man was a full 30 inches off the ground and was making a face as if he'd been shot....yet in the photo there wasn't an opponent within 5 feet. Amazing.

20. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    coach, not to steer this too far offtrack.. but i think the nhl might get up and started in january! hope the rumour is true~

21. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Yeah, I am in full Stars regalia today in hope that these idiots work something out. I should have gone to Ft. Worth tonight since Morrow is in with OKC to play the Brahmas. Well, not really "in", since he doesn't have to practice and he just flys out for games, so I guess Ann-Marie (HOT!!!) probably drove him over.

22. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    do you have a copy of the picture?

23. babyduck85

babyduck85 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Malaysia
    yeah, i'd like to see that too... :D ruud's always good for a pic...

24. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Bullsh!t??? You know what is Bullsh!t? When a man just will not come out and say "Okay I know RvN is a cheat but I want to have sex with him so bad I can let it go."

mtRvn'sahole you are a battered wife.

On topic.....At this point I do not know if missing PV4 for Chelsea is any worse than missing him this week. We need to turn things around this Sat. before we can worry about Chelsea.

25. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Ask and ye shall receive....

[​IMG]