I REALLY Love Major League Soccer

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by SABuffalo786, Sep 27, 2003.

1. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I know, we we had one of these threads a couple of months ago (I think Flashman made it), but I'm sitting here watching Dallas-San Jose, and it's just such an utter joy to watch.

Thank you Major League Soccer. If you were a woman, I'd propose to you right now.

2. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

FSW's got the wrong game on right now. Maybe they'll do the same thing as last week and cut LA-KC short if it goes to OT so we can go straight to the Wrap.

3. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    and then have people complaining that they cut it short.

4. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

If Metros and Crew fans have to suffer, then everyone else does.

5. gyr0

gyr0 New Member

Mar 31, 2002
    NYC
    I miss Tampa Bay =(

6. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    I wish NC had a team...

7. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preaching to the choir ... well, I am not really a choir but I agree with your sentiment.

The KC/LA match is good as well but I always seem to pick the wrong match to watch on the shoot out.

8. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    MLS is good. I hope more of the country is going to get to see it more on national tv in the future!

9. Crazy_Quakes_Fan

Crazy_Quakes_Fan New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    San Mateo, CA
    Those were both great games last night, and I hope I am able to enjoy more in the final four weeks of the season.

10. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    I don't understand how anyone can hate MLS.

11. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY

Seven goals?? Yawn. We need more 1-0 games.

12. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    What impressed me watching the KC/LA game was the pace of play. It was significantly faster than it was during the hot summer games.

Its almost as if MLS players and coaches are smart enough to realize that they can't run at such a high pace for 90 minutes when its 95 degrees with a relative humidity of about 90 percent. Maybe MLS haters need to understand that.

13. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I did indeed start a "I love American soccer" thread in the Soccer in the USA forum a few months back, and am glad to see one here, as beyond all the petty bickering, cynical analysis, pent up frustration, teenage angst, etc., there is simply the joy of having an American league to watch week in and week out, and the feeling that one is a part of helping it to grow, mature and become a permanent part of the American (sports) landscape.

It's a nice feeling.

And I was out of town this weekend, but have three games on tape waiting for me (if I set my VCR correctly) when I get home, so needless to say, though I already know the scores, etc., I am looking forward to some good American footie action. (And the 4th game - KC v. LA - is being tape delayed on FSW tomorrow as well!)

The only sad note is we're at least 3/4 of the way through the MLS season if you include the pre-season, and I'm already starting to get sad thinking the 2003 MLS season is coming to a close soon.

Not too sad, just a little. :)

PS. And if MLS were a woman, she'd be young, irascible, frisky, sensuous, suicidal and a love machine for eight months out of the year (she'd be too depressed in the winter to make love).

Or something like that.

14. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Re: Re: I REALLY Love Major League Soccer

Not really, shed be boning up on new techniques and tricks for the big show, while you are out enjoying the talents of other women for 4 months.

15. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX

people hate mls?

16. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
  17. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    If you don't LOVE MLS, you hate it. Haven't you learned this from the Bushies' way of handling our foreign affair?

18. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX
    let's see. I think doghfighting is illegal everywhere so that doesn't count as a sport. the only two I hate out of that list are golf and wrestling (wwf). About bushie, well elections are next year:)