I miss Bruno Pizzul

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by SueB, Sep 7, 2002.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I kept planning to post after that lousy Slovenia game about how sad I was that the longtime voice of the Azzurri, Bruno Pizzul, had retired. That was his last game announcing for RAI, and it's too bad his last game had to be a crummy friendly loss.

Now, when I heard that it was the pompous ass Gianni Cerquetti calling today's game, I got REALLY depressed. Is he going to do all their games now? God, I hope not.

Guess I should brace for "at least you get to WATCH the games" (yes, I'm glad about that) - or "could you do any better" (no, I don't speak Italian, just listen to it) criticisms.

Really, I'd like to hear from anybody else who watches RAI what they think of Cerquetti vs Pizzul.

2. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Wow. So Pizzul has retired, eh? It's definitely the end of an era. I always liked his commentary. I think most Italians did, too. Although I did know one who couldn't stand him. Anyway, I'll keep my ear open for Cerquetti.

3. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    you couldn't have said it better,thanks for suggesting me the right word in english :rolleyes:

thanks God,the very competent (and dry) Stefano Bizzotto will share the duty,and Bulgarelli will remain as "color commentator"

i don't miss Pizzul though,he had become way too lethargic