I may hurl. Chinaglia in studio Saturday.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Delta Blues, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I don't care if it's a 90:00 own goal, I so want to beat Italy with that bloated windbag in the studio. If we can't at least get a result I may have to just shoot the TV knowing that pompous, condescending piece of crap will be gloating on the superiority of Italian soccer.

2. Ryantherusskie

Mar 17, 2006
    Where it's kept Real
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better Chinaglia in studio than Ching on field on Saturday.

3. Chung'sleftboot

Chung'sleftboot New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    The Disney family of networks (ESPN ,ABC, and affiliates) has done a pretty good job with the WC so far! Why ruin it with that a$$? :eek:

4. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'd take Ching given the choice. Given that Beasley and Convey couldnt hit a cross to save thier lives yesterday, it wouldnt have made much difference. Hopefully Ching could bring something to the field with the ball at his feet. McBride couldnt get that done yesterday.

and on topic; why does Chinglia actually have a job? Hopefully Waldo will be there at the same time to give some good comedy.

5. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Wynalda's not a big fan of the windbag, so yeah, when we beat Italy I'll be waiting for Wynalda's complete verbal assasination of him. That will rule!

6. Kazan

Kazan New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Ames, IA
    oh puhleeze, learn something before opening your pie hole like that

a EJ<-->Ching combo may be better than EJ<-->Mcbride

ching is better with his feet AND has the header ability of mcbride

7. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Chinaglia was a good luck charm for us last time after saying that the Americans should play a conservative 4-5-1 and hope they can keep the score down against Portugal. Hopefully he'll spew similar crap to get us that victory.

Even better than a victory would be a victory in which the best players were from MLS.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    It's funny... only Italian Americans like Chinaglia. Real Italians from Italia hate him.

9. Ryantherusskie

Mar 17, 2006
    Where it's kept Real
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As evidenced by his outstanding performances for the Nats... :rolleyes:
    30 > 3. oh puhleeze, learn something before opening your pie hole like that.

10. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    and isn't it exactly what happened? US played catenaccio and fast-break, harvesting on Portugal's arrogant tactic.
    USA scored three goals, but they played a defensive match throughout

after 4 years you still haven't realized it? wow...

11. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    No. First, Donovan was playing more or less as a forward. Second, the US was the team dictating play in the opening 31 minutes. It wasn't too dissimilar to what the Czechs did to us, and nobody would accuse them of playing catenaccio.

In fact, the US got into trouble when they did try to go into the bunker, and Portugal was able to get two goals from it. When the US went forward more in the last 10 minutes, Portugal never got a sniff.

Chinaglia advocated simply trying to keep the score down, and a point was all they could hope for. The US that day were looking to take it to Portugal and win.

12. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    <BUMP>

Ps. I told you so.

13. SLCTex

SLCTex Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    After hearing what Chinaglia had to say about the US in the pre-game, I want to Crush Italy today. He is a pompous ass.

14. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal Team Ghana!

15. The Wisdom Cube

The Wisdom Cube New Member

Oct 7, 2005
    Clemson, SC
    Lalas was mocking him about Chinaglia saying that Ghana was dead.:D

16. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Listening to the fat bastard sing Volare', realize his mics on, say "jeebus", then snicker when Lalas talked about the MLS mentality of hunger concerning Dempsey makes me hate this prick even more if possible.

17. gfranc79

gfranc79 Member

Dec 10, 2005
    NYC
    Chinaglia is a piece of dog Sh(t. Alexi lalas feels like punching him in the face... u see how wynalda is tryin to calm them down. LOL. go ghana...usa still needs to play well and win... this will carry them to the final game... A hard game with ghana...they are not an easy team to roll over.

18. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001
    i'm a little tired of Chinaglia too. Much respec' to Alexi.

19. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001
    I've been annoyed with Wynalda lately too, but he will be in my good graces if he puts that pompous creep in his place!

20. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I must say though, the worst part is he's probably correct. Just had to throw it in to be fair and honest. I hope he's dead wrong today though! :)