I love the chinese people. but Song is still better than SUn

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by junjunforever, Aug 28, 2002.

1. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Song also played every friendly matches before Worldcup and never even missed a second either.

2. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    what about the second round matches, that couldn't have been decided pre-world cup. That night game reason is stuffed as well because the spain game was a day game and they wore white

3. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Does that include the friendly against China. Who would believe the last team to hold Korea scoreless before Germany was China. Tiny bit of consolation for our crappy wc performance.

Small correction Spain also held you scoreless

4. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Thank god Korea canned those wimpy blue uniforms before the World Cup.

The U.S.A. is having its own blue uniform jinx right now. In every match they wore blue (except against Jamaica I think) they lost.

5. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    well, the team that had a better record in the first round between the two teams in a matchup is the home team in the second round. The home team gets the first choice on which uniform they want to wear. Against Italy, Korea had a better record but they decided to wear their white away jersey anyways (Hiddink always for some reason prefered their white uniform over the red ones). Against Spain and Germany they had the priority of choosing the uniforms (and they chose their home uniforms)

6. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    starting from the second round matches, the team that arrived at "the stage" first chooses the color. Korea's game was held after Italy had already gotten into the second round. Italy chose blue, Korea chose white(I think KFA just randomly chose it because of the good result Korea got against Portugal).

S.Korea has always had less days of rest compared to other teams because of the crappy scheduling. Spain got to the quarter finals TWO days faster than Korea did and guess what? They chose their 1st color, red. So Korea had no choice but to choose the white shirt. Even after Korea went to the semis, Germany, again, had 1 more day of rest and gotten the right to choose its color. But since they wore white, Korea got to choose red.

7. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    yes that was actually impressive despite being dominated by Korea overall. It also taught the Koreans to "sharpen" that scoring touch or else Korea won't score at the WC. Even though the offense line included mostly bench players, their "touches" were horrible that day. And I really thought China would do well at this WC played at "home."

yes, that was impressive too :D

8. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    lmfao, their main intention was not getting hurt by chinese player just like last time. (remember 98 wc? right before wc?)
    Forwards like Ahn, Hwang didnt even play.

9. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    But your "Best" Player Song Chong Gug did. Why even play if their intention was not getting hurt?

10. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    that's why there was a BIG controversy among the Korean fans that remembered the Korea-China game b4 WC98.

Hiddink, however, wanted the players at least to participate although he didn't want the game to be heated up. He also took out players that expressed concern(Hwang).

11. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Uhh what happened b4 france 98? Which Korean Players got injured and which chinese players injured them?

12. Kman79

Kman79 New Member

Jan 9, 2002
    New York
    Hwang Sun-Hong got injured in a friendly by some Chinese defender with a vicous, careless tackle.

13. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    it was the Chinese keeper. Hwang spun 360 degrees in mid-air and then got slammed down.
    Not being able to collect a single win ever against the Korean NT, the Chinese players were overly sensitive and were extremely physical. I think, ever since that game, the Chinese players have become very physical towards the Koreans. I do understand them because they would want to break the fear-Korea syndrome.

Hwang was arguably THE best foward in the team and he missed the whole WC. It's like killing Shevchenko from the Ukrainian NT. Hwang was that prominent foward at the time.

14. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Aha that game!

4 Jun 1998 - Seoul, Korea Republic
    Match Status: Friendly Korea Republic - China PR 1:1
    Referee: FUSE Naotsugu JPN

15. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Does anyone know who the keeper KF is talking about is. Must be Ou Chuliang

16. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Great philosophy. If you can't beat'em, hit'em as hard as you can LOL, Roy Keane style play!

17. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    but we found out other teams also play dirty during the WC

i guess korea played too many sissy games against much relaxed and laid back japan, australia and other teams

i think korea should also be more agressive

eye to eye, teeth to teeth

18. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    playing aggressive is also important. I still remember when Korea lost to France 5-0 last year, Thuram said at an interview "the Korean players don't lack in skills compared to the French players. The difference was that the Korean players didn't seem to play dirty and aggressive."

Hiddink has trained the team to be more aggressive and as a result, a "hit man" like Nam-il Kim has become the starter of the team.(who would have thought of that a year ago??)

Although being too dirty like Italy makes the game look ugly, but we should also know that world class teams also know how to be dirty and react to dirty plays.

When Korea's U-19 team beat Italy's U-19 in 2000, I still remember the Korean youngsters having a hard time against the Italian youngsters that came from Serie A and kept resorting with cheap fouls. Korea won the game, but the players seemed to have hard time against such dirty plays. Serie A makes you learn such dirty plays.

19. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Italy's team is like an angel when compared to some of those thuggish South American teams

20. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    well both are dirty anyways.

Italy's really good at dirty fouls and not get caught by the refs that easily.