I love my team because...

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Shurik, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    This is NOT a nostalgia thread. This is not for reminiscing about the first time daddy took you to the stadium or how your always-drunken Unlce Syoma explained to you at length the beauties of Volzhskaya Zatsepka and its inherent superiority to anything those meschugge CSK MO can ever come up with.

This is simply to come to terms with what good it is that we find in our teams RIGHT NOW. For even the dullest and the sorriest outfits will sure endear themselves to some demented slob's heart. Like any number of parents who wheep a tear of joy at the sight of their kid in a school play, even if his talents barely extend beyond picking between his toes and the role of the silent squirrel was given to him out of pity.

This is also to bash the rest mercilessly. Sometimes it's impossible to be proud of what you have without undeservingly putting down the others.

Shall metros11 begin with his lengthy and well-rehearsed explanation intended to masquerade the fact that his devotion to Dynamo Kiev is pure bandwagonnery? Or shall Zenit explain why Petrzela's everpresent scarf does not make him look gay?

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Um........I love Moscow SW becuse we have the bestest owner in football?

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I think this explains it all....

Code:

[B]1)  Локомотив[/B]
    2)  Зенит
    3)  Рубин
    4)  ЦСКА
    5)  Спартак
    6)  Москва
    7)  Динамо
    8)  Сатурн
    9)  Крыл. Советов
    10) Торпедо
    11) Шинник
    12) Томь
    13) Амкар
    14) Алания
    15) Ростов
    16) Терек

Everyone else is our bitch really, and still can't take all 3 points off us...

That and and the fact we have a young Tatar making cavaties in the RPL...

On and Boss and Vadik. The two, keep the dream of the stereotypical, angry I can't keep my mouth shut when it's good for me, Russian.

God bless em...

4. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Does Hi Vam explain why?

5. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Ganu, so u basically support Loko because the team is a very strong one? Whatever, you're entitled to support whoever u wish.

My dad's been a CSKA fan since 1960 and he's die-hard. The men on my mom's side aren't really into football but everyone in my dad's family is. They all grew up in Ukraine which makes 98% of them Dynamo Kiev fans. Me and my dad are the only defectors :D

6. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When it comes to Dynamo Kyiv, for me it was the nostalgia of watching my favorite player Oleg Blokhin while growing up. In late 90s it was the fact that a group of Ukrainians altogether making half the salary of Figo could beat Barcelona 4-0 in the Catalan city. And now, I guess its just pure bandwagonnery. Same could be said now about Shahtar, Dnipro and any other Ukrainian club taking part in European competitions.

As far as Karpaty Lviv, its nostalgia. When I was 4 years old my uncle took me to my first game and explained to me the beauties of Volzhskaya Zatsepka, in length, while he was drunk. I believe they were the only second division club to ever win USSR Cup, correct me if I'm wrong. Can't say much for them right now, they're in 1st division and really not looking all that good. But there's hope, and they could be in the 2nd division, I would still follow them.

When it comes to the Metrostars, all I can say is that they're a local MLS team. I love soccer, and it just so happens that the Metros play close to me, and I get to see them 15 times a year. They've been losing for 10 years, but I still have my season tickets.

Sorry about your 'nostalgia' rules Shurik, but you didn't exactly expect me to follow them... did you?

7. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    OK de above post is a prime example of one dat needs to be moved to de rivalries asap.

Me I'm switching to FCM, since undoubtedly Luzhkov has organized de following:

В бассейне "Олимпийский" состоялся организованный клубом "Акванавт" и PADI-дайвинг сообществом 4-й открытый чемпионат по подводным шашкам (русским). Золотую медаль, за которую на сей раз боролись 20 спортсменов, завоевал Александр Вартапетян, обыгравший в финале Сергея Тихонова. Третье место занял Иван Алтунин.

С каждым годом интерес к таким соревнованиям растет, и выступить в них может любой, но со своим снаряжением. Игры проходили на дне бассейна за специальными столиками с приклеенными к ним черно-белыми досками, а сами шашки были утяжелены свинцовой начинкой. Вся партия длилась не более 20 минут (были ограничены запасом и кислородные баллоны). Если за это время победитель не выявлялся, оба участника выбывали из борьбы. За всем происходившим под водой, где находился и судья (с участниками он общался письменно), болельщики могли следить по установленному в фойе большому экрану.

8. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might not know it, but apparently you're pretty close to getting there.

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Haha. Nice try. But if you read the thread, the Saint specifically said, why you like your team as of now - and not a nostaligic trawl through why you supported them...and why you like them in the traditional or historical sense.

I love my team because they are raping everyone else in the RPL and have Boss and Vadik in the team. Pure legends and fan favourites in their own right... :cool:

Next time have a read of what we are talking about sunshine.

I admire your optimism though....

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    wtf is your problem child? Nothing wrong with his post. Don't you have crayons to play with?

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I love Chelsea b/c we rock and b/c we have God as a coach. :D

12. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Question: In light of Torp's post (nothing specifically to do with yourself mate or the post for that matter..)

Why do certain characters get screwed up by the Bigsoccer machine? I think its the little 'ь' and then the end bracket.

If you type the two characters together it comes out funny looking...with the little ;) smilie.

Anyone have any clues, or is that a bug in the BS code?

13. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    I like PSG - because we have the most passionate fans in the entire world. The best stadium, the best kit, the best city for our team to play in and the best te..........*errr* okay, maybe not there juuuust yet.....

I like Middlesbrough because I was born there and therefore like most Englishmen I have to support my local team, be they sh***t or not. Thank fvck I wasn't born in Harrogate.

14. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Hmmmmmm.....

15. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I actually like Italian footbal and Italian NT. I know it might surprise you all, but I am just crazy that way I guess. Milan has been my team since I found out Baggio played for them and he was my favority Italian player from 10 years ago. Prior to that I always supported Chernomorets - for obvious reason.
    Since Shevchenko joined Milan my passion grew more for them and compared to all other Italian teams they play muh more interesting football. Yes, they are a defensive team, but they also attack like hell. I won't deny it, but it's much easier for me to support them because they are great, but that's just a coincidence. Dynamo Kiev is in my blood - growing up and watching them, names as Belanov, Blokhin, Mikhaylichenko, Demyanenko, etc. So I was young and the things you like when you are young tend to stick to you later in life as well.

16. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I love Dynamo Kiev because I grew up with them. My first time seeing them was during Zavarov's last match. I can't explain why I like them, they're just the home team, you know? It broke my heart to see their last years roster, which was like only 10% Ukrainian. I think now their quality of football will improve drastically since most Ukie players will play their asses off for Dynamo. I think realistically, they should start playing better in Euro competitions and nothing will feel better then having an underdog team ******** up the big guys. I'm also very relieved to no longer have Sabo as coach.

I'm also quite keen on AC Milan, mostly because of Shevchenko and Kakha "The Georgian Terror" Kaladze, but I also hold several of their players in very high regard. To me AC Milan is what Dynamo Kiev has the potential to be. I love their style of football, but, if we were going by style alone then I think i'd be a Juventus fan, but I have no real connection to that club and I can only admire them from the distance, without being emotionally attached.

17. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
    Shurik forgot to specify what kind of team so....

I LOVE my team because we only won one game and tied one game in afairly lengthy season. In fact, I LOVE my team so much I am trying desperately to join another for the upcoming season.

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Robben and Duff are predominantly left footed players. Have you watched any of them play, ever? I think not.

19. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am going to conveniently step away from this thread considering I have underestimated you as a moron...

20. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    This thread is about love. Kindly make love, not war. If this presents a lot of difficulty, kindly make love with yourself.
    All non-love posts are discarded like so many used-up condoms.

21. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Damn straight. He's doing quite well for CSKA....

I think he deserves some recognition.

22. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I love FC Kuressaare because I am a plastic Estonian.

23. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gay, as in the way Sychev's 'doo makes him look more like the understudy for the lead in any variety of Broadway musicals, rather than a professional soccer player? ;)

I'll also break Shurik's rules a bit here...Piter was the first place I ever visited when I was finally able to make it to Russia after the Army & university, and I guess that is where my attachment to the team began. The team was pretty mediocre back then, but the fans were rabid, enthusiastic & (still IMHO) the most loyal & dedicated fans in all of Russia.

Plus, the team kind of has that Chicago Cubs thing going for it, and as a long time follower of the Minnesota Vikings, I guess following Zenit pretty much fits the familiar model of frustrated fan-dom that is inherent in each and every Vikings fan that has ever lived.