I Love Estonia (aka the Joel Lindpere appreciation thread.)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by j1mbr0wn, Sep 12, 2010.

1. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Estonia. I've yelled this at the top of my lungs many a time during the season. Joel Lindpere is one of the best signings we've made, and we've made some pretty damn good ones.

Last night, the give and go with Henry, the simple little back heel pass, was one of the most beautiful things I've seen in this beautiful game. The vibe was there. Red Bulls were pressing and pressing hard. Henry added his share of fancy footwork in the little side foot volley leading up to this. But the Joel Lindpere back heel was the perfect assist.

But, lets get down to what makes him so good. He fights hard defensively, and is actually very creative when playing off of his team mates. He's able to hold the ball under pressure, rarely loosing it when being mauled. He waits until the right pass presents itself and rarely gives the ball away. His accuracy in passing is phenominal, and his vision is outstanding.

And while he's not the fasted wing we seen on the left, I think he does enough work to make up for it (and, no, he's not slow either.) Overall, this team is a much better team with him on the field. I only wish he'd pull the trigger a bit more when he's on the top of the box, only because I love seeing him score.

What he's done for this team is incredible. The fact he's done this for a surprisingly low salary is even more astonishing. Needless to say, he's earned a raise in my mind.

Anyway, I can sum up my feelings in 3 words,

I LOVE ESTONIA!!!

2. Simmonie

Simmonie Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Paterson, NJ
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Amen to that. I couldn't agree with you more.

3. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    +1 million! Joel Lindpere has been fantastic for this team. I am no longer crying over Van den Bergh.

4. Rt. Hon. Basil Brush

May 16, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am a big fan of his too! I was impressed from day one when I saw him in the opener. I said to my wife that this guy has something extra. He is good in central midfield and down the left, and he always works defensively too.

The players say that he is a very funny guy too. Whats not to like? Good on the pitch, and good in the locker room. Not bad with fans either. Did I mention that I shook his hand outside the stadium after a game? I congratulated him for his assist on Henry's goal v spurs, and he said thanks :cool:

5. stevesimmons

stevesimmons Member

Feb 4, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man. I just watched the replay of that back pass on the DVR and almost cried. Seriously. It is amazing what this team can do now.

6. GSSMember

GSSMember New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    North End
    Club:
    N. O. Shell Shockers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joel, is one of the best guys i have ever met. I met Joel on facebook and now we are actually pretty good friends. Yes, the guy is hysterical!! Joel has been fantastic all year and is an honorary member of the GSS!! Your right I think he is only making like $80k, but the guy is phenomenal and should be right in the running for "newcomer of the year". Friends of mine that are from other teams can't believe he is not a DP.. His hard nosed play and bulldog approach is incredible and if you can't appreciate his effort and skillset then you just don't understand football (soccer).

7. JerseyShoreBull

Jul 8, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Huge fan of Joels... His is the only named jersey I own

8. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I expect the lot of you to join me in the I LOVE ESTONIA chanting.

:D

9. GSSMember

GSSMember New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    North End
    Club:
    N. O. Shell Shockers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sign me up!!! I'm working on the Joel Linpere "We're not worthy" banners lol.. :D

10. JerseyShoreBull

Jul 8, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I will do my best, i sit in sec 227, so I prob won't hear you. On the other hand, was thinking about changing my seats for next season.

11. GSSMember

GSSMember New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    North End
    Club:
    N. O. Shell Shockers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    227 is not bad though...

12. JerseyShoreBull

Jul 8, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

not its not, i am on the rail so its a perfect view. I am weighing my options. Maybe I will start a small GSS up there.

13. GSSMember

GSSMember New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    North End
    Club:
    N. O. Shell Shockers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    talk to Nuno...

14. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm right below you in 127. If I get my friends to chant, you'll hear us.

If fact, if you are on the rail, I'll make sure to yell up to your section so you will know what we're doing.

15. JerseyShoreBull

Jul 8, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

sounds like a plan.. I am pretty much in the center of the row.

16. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bottom line, Joel needs to be locked up soon. Give him a good contract, send him on a 50 state tourist junket during the winter, and a good loaf of Leib.

17. GSSMember

GSSMember New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    North End
    Club:
    N. O. Shell Shockers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You hit the nail on the head!!!!! He is only 28 and absolutely loves this town and playing for us!!! Give this man a long term deal and pay him some real $$$!!

18. Rt. Hon. Basil Brush

May 16, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yup!

19. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Count me in. Gotta get a Lindpere jersey soon...

20. GSSMember

GSSMember New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    North End
    Club:
    N. O. Shell Shockers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $109 and some change from Red Bulls store.. I just ordered mine and guess what its a wait lol.. I hoping Joel will just give me one of his lol...

21. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    That I say before a 200K contract before ????.....

22. GSSMember

GSSMember New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    North End
    Club:
    N. O. Shell Shockers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good video of Juki

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhG9p3bN8eY&feature=related"]YouTube - Joel Lindpere ? Red Bulls nr.20[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  23. Carbonero

Carbonero Red Card

May 10, 2008
    Joel was absolutely stellar . Has become a huge cog for this team, and his touch has been a revelation these past few games...

24. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only thing that worries me is he is looking a little heavy legged not running as fast as he did early in the year. The giy is a bulldog and plays as hard as anyone we;ve ever had. Maybe he needs a rest?

25. Rt. Hon. Basil Brush

May 16, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree. He doesnt look quite the same lately. Problem is, how will he get rested? If we still want to win the east, there's no room for error.