I know you guys are gonna laugh at this

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by falcon6, Aug 13, 2002.

1. I know you guys are gonna laugh at this but when I first heard the term "buck a brat" I thought it meant it was a dollar admission for kids under 12 to get in to the match. Then I found out it was food. Go ahead and laugh.

2. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Actually no...I'm even a Crew fan yet I thought this for probably 6 months. Then when people starting talking about eating brats it still took another week to realize there was no canibalism involved.

If I'm going to laugh at you it's cause you support the MetroStars and probably don't dress as good as I do. But that brat thing is understandable.

3. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it has to do with the high concentration of German and Polish cultural influences in central -> north Ohio. I knew what they meant immediately - in fact, in college, I had beer and bratwurst for breakfast before each Ohio State gridiron home game. Mmmm-Mmmm-Mmmm! (Of course, those brats were fully cooked...)

Anyway, if you aren't from a brat-eating (er, inhaling) culture, I can see why you'd be totally confused.

4. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EGGY thought the same thing. Kid for a Quid was a Wolves promo.

These brats have no taste to them, I wonder if they are made of Soy?

5. Solskjaer

Solskjaer New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Eau Claire, WI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're probably not boiled in beer...the only proper way to cook a bratwurst.

--Mrs. P

6. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Do they serve saurkraut on em as well?

I'm hungry.

7. swims

swims Member

Kraut is extra... a quarter or fifty cents, I forget which... and no they aren't boiled in beer which is why they are awful. At least the Johnsonville tractor trailer grill will be there, so nobody will have to eat those steamed into submission brats from the concession stands.

8. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    This is true...

9. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sir, you are mistaken. I am not THAT cheap of a treat, especially not for Eggy.

As a full-blooded brat-eating society crazed young man, the idea of $1 brats is always very enticing. I'm sure I'll eat a few to honor my ancestors. As for them not being cooked in beer, I think they should also be cooked with onions (and beer). That is one of the best ways to have brats.

10. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I never ate a Brat until I was like 20. I love hamburgers.

11. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In upstate New York (Rochester/Buffalo) they serve Bockwurst, only they call them "White Hots". A regular hot dgog is a "Red hot".

I've never found another place on earth this is done quite like this.

12. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always found that pretty interesting. My pops would slide right back into "hometown" mode, and I'd be all like "what the hell is a 'white hot'?"

Quite a weird part of the country. Very quirky up there. Must be all the snow.

13. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    should be both...don't laugh. could be the best marketing idea the crew didn't come up with:)