I know i'm pathetic - but, you're not really in front of us!

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by gunnerdude11, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I don't recall me asking you whether you had proof of Roman doing un-wonderful things.

Funny. None of my deals with Russia has.

LOL. Again, all these great assumptions. You know nothing about me save my age, yet you're speaking with such surety. I'll let you get on with it then.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Sure, if you wanted a truly honest measured opinion, I could provide one. Could spend a few hours on it too. But a) I see no point, as I've never held Roman out as a candidate for sainthood, b) I haven't the time, c) I don't overly care and d) just what is "illegal" in Russia these days is sadly debatable.

Is Roman really a wonderful fella who fell into a pile of money? No. Is he a thief on a grand scale? Perhaps, but what he mainly did was take advantage of a political situation that needed his money. I don't blame him for that. What should he have done? Complain loudly to Chubais that "these auctions are rigged!" Riiiight. I don't blame him for being one of the first people to purchase shares in a company. Most other companies were ruthlessly stripmined and all their assets sold off immediately, because the new owners assumed things just couldn't last. Surely communism would be making a return soon. There are probably hundreds of factories around Moscow whose equipment was sold off to foreign interests immediately. A company considered a Russian proposal from a very famous watch company in St. Petersburg to make zippos. When they arrived, they discovered that the only equipment remaining wasn't good enough to make lighters, let alone quality watches.
    Russians have never ben categorized by particularly impressive forward thinking. Or sobriety. Or acceptance of multicultural ideals. Or moderation. Or......well, lots of things. In many ways Russia of the 20th century is a country that managed to do the least with the most, given its pathetic inability to provide for its people despite stunning natural wealth.

P.S. Lets please leave all this "removing Russia's wealth" crap aside. Given Roman's background, he needs have no more loyalty to that place than he's exhibited. I suppose Russia deserves this oil somehow, by virtue of being born only 1,000 miles away from Siberian oilfields? Give me a break.

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Does your superior intellect :) and language skills :) rest on the power of smiley's or something? :)
    Just wondering. :)

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    erm...there is a politics board for this you know...just thought i would mention it....

London Wanka <------very close to getting barred from posting on the Chelsea board (hint-hint)