I Have Tickets For Metro Home Game In The Conference Championship Series!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Bigfoot, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

No kidding.

The came in the mail today with tickets to next Saturday's game.

I hope they're of some use to me.

2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

That should read tickets for the eastern conference championship game to be played at giants stadium november 15.

That's what happens when you have the World Series on tv the same time you're typing.

3. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I also received 2 tix, but I think only the one vs. NE on the 1st. is usable. Isn't Chicago guaranteed home field for the series, as long as they win? Assuming they beat DC, won't the conference final be in Chicago? Or was the Swamp chosen to be the venue for the Final, regardless of who plays?

I am so confused.

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Are these more freebies?

5. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Yup, every game played at Giants Stadium is a freebie for season tix holders.

The only way we would use the Conference final tickets is if DC can beat CHI, and we beat the Revs..

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Fine.

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm buying all my playoff tickets. When the league goes belly-up because they don't have a pot to piss in, don't blame me.

7. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    That's the spirit, but if you were a TRUE supporter, you'd have a weekly donation taken out of your payroll check and submitted directly to Harmon Plaza.

You may also want to consult your lawyer about providing for the Metros upon your death with some sort of annuity in your will. This way no one will be able to blame you post-mortem when the league folds.

8. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Whatever you say, sponge.

9. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    They make swell bookmarks.

10. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Great MetroMember benefit.

Honest to god tickets to the conference final.

They will make a fine collectible someday unless Metro get by NE.

11. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Yeah free with the season ticket package if you consider that free.

12. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I hate to interrupt your anti-metro torrent of negativity, but can you please list for me the teams that play professional sports in the NY/NJ area that provide free playoff tickets to their season ticket holders?

Thanks.

Seeing as how you pay for season tickets with only 15 games guaranteed, I do consider this free.

I think this whole thread is retarded. They knew there was going to be one home playoff game, and they had to send out tickets. There is a chance there could be two home playoff games. Not a great chance, I will grant you, but a chance. Why not save money and print the second set and only have to make 1 mass mailing instead of two?Exactly what are you complaining about here? Being burdened with a quarter of an ounce of paper?

I'd rather have them send them all out now than wait until a week before to mail them out if they have to. It's cheaper that way, it's easier that way, and it gets the tickets into members hands earlier. Shouldn't the front office be optimistic? There are some teams that sell playoff tickets (baseball, football) for games that they don't know if they are going to stage yet (game 6s and 7s, etc, not to mention games for playoff games/series they aren't sure are going to be played). Metro aren't doing that, so what is the problem?

Go ahead captain MetroSuck, find me a negative in this. I beg you. The only negative I find is that it gives you another chance to get behind your computer and act like the argumentative jerk that you prove yourself to be time and time again.

I'm waiting to hear how this is really Bob Bradley's fault.

13. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

I think I'm little more ahead of the curve on this than you. Here's what I posted a couple of weeks ago trying to stem the "anti-metro torrent of negativity" surrounding the promotion of the USOC championship game:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=75439&perpage=15&highlight=USOC&pagenumber=2
    Listen up. Riverplate was saying MLS is going to go broke if they keep giving away tickets for free and my point was it's only "free" if you spend a couple of hundred on season tickets. It's a promotion to sell season tickets. It's not really free. It's at no extra cost. Some years you'll get them. Some years you won't. You will always be ponying up your money though. You are paying for the privilege of getting "free" tickets contrary to riverplate's fears. Next time I'll use winky emoticons for you so you can follow the thread since you think I'm complaining and I know I'm not.
    Trust me I know more about DTP, printing and getting video off a computer than the average bear but I do appreciate you telling me what you know about it.
    The only things I find when I get behind my computer are a bunch of wires and dust. That indeed is a negative.

If pointing out to you I post from in front of my computer makes me an argumentative jerk then so be it. I've no apologies to make since I think you'll be a better person because I pointed out the differences to you.
    I really do fear for the future of discourse in this country when questioning the president's decisions is considered anti-american and questioning Bob Bradley's decisions is considered anti-metro.

14. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A better question would be why the 5 pm start, it kills me. I have the tix and i won't be able to make it.

15. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Probably dictated by ESPN. God forbid we interfere too much with their college football schedule.

16. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Actually, no. You are ahead on the curve complaining about being given tickets for free and starting threads mocking the front office for giving them. Honestly, would you rather be paying for them?

So, no extra cost means.....free. Familiar with the phrase "buy one, get one free"? To me that means buy one, get one free. Apparently to you that means get both at half price if you buy two.

This is where I think you are being argumentative, trying to find something to bitch about. Are they supposed to give "free" tickets to people who don't buy season tickets?

Look, you look at it that you buy season tickets to MLS games and get tickets all Metro games at GS. Thus, if there are 18 games instead of 15, you are paying $ 12.22 for each bronze ($220) ticket instead of $ 14.66 you'd be paying if there were only 15 games.

I look at it that I pay for the 15 games I am guaranteed (all MLS home games), and any other Metro games at GS I get tickets for free. Why? Because I am not guaranteed China games, USOC finals, and playoff tickets. In any other league, you pay for the season tickets only and then pay extra for playoffs if there are any. If the Rangers played the Red Army Hockey team in a friendly, they'd charge me for it.

Do I pay for the privelege of "free" tickets? In your eyes, yes. But I look at it that if I buy the package, I will likely get something extra. You apparently look at it that if you buy the package and there is something extra they will retroactively downgrade your expenditure across the pro-rated number of games. If it makes more sense to you that way, fine.

If you want to continue to rip on the front office with sarcastic remarks like "Great Metromember benefit", fine. I'll take my "non-free, no extra cost" tickets where I can get them. If you want to say that you weren't complaining, then share with us your motivation for starting this thread. Please, we're all waiting. Explain how you can start a thread and pepper it with remarks like "I hope they'll be of some use to me" and consider your comments positive.

I pay for playoff tickets when there are no playoffs? Really? I thought I paid for season tickets to go to league games during the season.

If you had bothered to read the post instead of "blah blah blah"-ing it, you would notice that the "printing" I was talking about was printing tickets (those pieces of paper that get you into the stadium) and mailing tickets to members. No one was talking about transferring video off of a computer. Seriously, what were you going for there?

1. Lighten up, francis.

2. That quote was hollow and needlessly sanctimonious the first time Hillary used it, months ago. Sad to think you are ripping off her material.

3. You can question Bob Bradley and be pro-metro, a lot of us do. But when you blame him for everything, take cheap shots at every turn and continually berate him it begs the question of why you "support" this team in the first place, and what your version of support means.

Metro stepped on your toe once and it was over for you, so now you try to drag us all down into your abyss. Even Jerome from Manhattan is entertaining about being insane, you can't even manage that.

Are you Zambrano's agent?

Whatever.

17. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Christ bigfoot...you do know that this is S.O.P with other clubs, right?
    As a Ranger season ticket holder, they sent me tickets for 4 home games regardless of where they were in the standings. (mind you we were charged for them...). Why are you complaining/being sarcastic about this? They have to do this if there is a chance that Metro gets to host the conference championship, no matter how slim that chance is.
    and if they don't make it, yes they do make fine bookmarks. ;)

18. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Who is this "we" you're talking about? Unless you have someone sitting next to you I don't know about you seem to be the only one writing War and Peace about an innocuous post to riverplate saying I don't think MLS is going to go broke including playoff tickets in their season ticket packages. The only free tickets are the usual comps to players wives etc. Everybody else has to buy a season ticket or pay $25 or maybe $20.

If you think "I hope they'll be of some use to me" is a negative comment that's your problem. No further explanation by me is necessary.

I've already offered to put winky emoticons into my posts so you can follow along. I think that offer is more than generous.